Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling on third party store vs selling from your own store

Third part stores like the ones you have mentioned might be okay if they can real help you get set up and easily started because of their reputation and wider coverage. But if you think you can outdo those of third party stores, then make the move

Advertisement Placeholder
Somtimes you just have to sell on someone else e-commerce website, this can be so if the person us already well known and is having a huge traffic whereas you are still new. The major goal is for you to make sales.

When I wasn't expose to digital marketing I used to say sell from my store but I discover I can make more money through third party,by connecting Amazon

One thing about selling products in your store,yu need to make a lot of awareness and ads that will be able to drag traffic to your store,that is where the advantage of a third party store comes to play.They have the audience and exposure,only that their commision might be high.

I will prefer to sell directly from my personal store this is because it worth advantage of patronizing the business at all time when customers needed your service without indirectly contacting you through your third party service site.

Selling om third party store can be cheap because you do not have to spend money to create and maintain your store, but earning possibilities is limited. You are also under the risk of getting your store closed.

By the way these days, facebook allows you to use its platform to sell physical or digital products. Since a lot of us are already using facebook, I think this is a lot easier to sell via facebook marketplace compared to selling via third party site like ebay or through your own store. Selling from your own store might sound very good but trust me it is really difficult. I have tried, and I failed
Facebook has a lot of leverage,expecially for small beusiness start ups.its large audience and low advertisement fee is also another factor one can actually cash in on to promote his business.If done very well,it can bring a very good returns in a very short time.

Sell via both I'd say. A lot of companies have their own shops, and also sell on other stores like Wal-mart, Target, Amazon and more. The more store shelves you can fill with your product or service, the better.

Third party store is more renown than yours, to get the best out of your services or to attract a large number of people it is better for you to market your skill in a platform that is recognize globally, that does not really mean that you don't have to get your website still.

When it comes to selling things online i'd rather sell through social media than through a third party store or through my store. Social media makes it a lot easier.

Selling using third party means can be very profitable and easier than selling on your own personal website. For example, I do post my market on mysafepay.ng and wait for a customer to hit up my phone line to call for negotiation. Mysafepay handles every other things for me.

My best advice is for you to look for a store that is accessible which is visible thought you can look for a online store like Amazon, Jummai, konga and etc but make sure you can satisfy your client which

I'll prefer to sell on my own site especially when I'm selling locally. But that the world is a global village and to ease cost of shipping, I'll sell on sites that are domiciled in my location but have a very wise reach.

When you sell from Amazon, you will be selling from Amazon flagship, when you sell on ebay or etsy, you are using their brand, but when you sell from your own store you do not have similar leverage.

It's better to sell directly from your own store rather than selling from other party store, if you sell directly from your store , you will earn more but if you sell from other party stores , you will give the other party stores commission for using their stores , but there are some other party stores that are popular like Aliexpress, eBay, and konga, you might be tempted to sell from there because people comes there every time and your product will be seen quickly there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds