Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling on third party store vs selling from your own store

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you want to sell online, you have two options: one, you sell via ebay, amazon, etc.; two, you sell from your own store. If you are already selling online, which method do you thinknis better? I have tried both, and in my opinion both of these methods are really difficult. You need to spend a lot of time in seo and digital marketing, and compared to the profits you make it is not rewarding. You should not try to sell online unless you have a lot of money and a good team.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would rather sell directly to the potential buyers than consign my products to an e-commerce site unless I am in a mass production that I need more sellers. A direct selling avoids the third party commission although for dropshippers I am okay with that because I also want them to earn from my products. Another issue with a third party is that you have to be a member to their website which I guess there is a membership fee.

By the way these days, facebook allows you to use its platform to sell physical or digital products. Since a lot of us are already using facebook, I think this is a lot easier to sell via facebook marketplace compared to selling via third party site like ebay or through your own store. Selling from your own store might sound very good but trust me it is really difficult. I have tried, and I failed.

When it comes to selling products, I prefer to do it directly through the social media pages. Since for a third-party company or an online store I see it more cumbersome. By advertising the products on Facebook pages and groups, on Twitter or WhatsApp, you can get positive results. Since if the product is of good quality and attractive advertising, the same users will be in charge of recommending the product.

By the way these days, facebook allows you to use its platform to sell physical or digital products. Since a lot of us are already using facebook, I think this is a lot easier to sell via facebook marketplace compared to selling via third party site like ebay or through your own store. Selling from your own store might sound very good but trust me it is really difficult. I have tried, and I failed

Selling on one's store is the best if the person Has target audience to sell to. And selling on other store is an add up to sales of the product. Because most time people go to big store like amazon, eBay and the rest to buy products. From there, the product will be shown to more people and might get sales from there.

When it comes to selling products, I prefer to do it directly through the social media pages. Since for a third-party company or an online store I see it more cumbersome. By advertising the products on Facebook pages and groups, on Twitter or WhatsApp, you can get positive results. Since if the product is of good quality and attractive advertising, the same users will be in charge of recommending the product.
I also believe that selling directly via social site is a better option. This is not only free but also provides better marketing tools (since you are selling on social sites which happen to be the biggest consumer concentrated site). However, this method of selling can work only when you are selling few products. If you want to sell a lot of products and if you have a lot of customers, you need to have a proper store, whether on your own site or third party site like Amazon or ebay.

I also believe that selling directly via social site is a better option. This is not only free but also provides better marketing tools (since you are selling on social sites which happen to be the biggest consumer concentrated site). However, this method of selling can work only when you are selling few products. If you want to sell a lot of products and if you have a lot of customers, you need to have a proper store, whether on your own site or third party site like Amazon or ebay.
You are absolutely right @Nomad, with your words "If you want to sell many products and if you have many customers, you must have a suitable store", in that case the store and the preference on my website is necessary. Make a good eye-catching and quality marketing, advertise my products as best as possible. And I hope the best happens. Patience and perseverance is the key.

These days you can sell directly through social media. For example, Facebook has a marketplace section where you can list your products for free. You can also sell via facebook page. However, this kind of selling is mainly focused on indie sellers and small sellers. If you want a proper online business, you need a proper store.

I'm currently selling on my website and on a third party website called Jumia, they both have their advantages in the case of Jumia they are able to afford lots of advertisement which ensures traffic which leads to sales but the downside to this is their heavy commission.

It's better to sell directly from your own store rather than selling from other party store, if you sell directly from your store , you will earn more but if you sell from other party stores , you will give the other party stores commission for using their stores , but there are some other party stores that are popular like Aliexpress, eBay, and konga, you might be tempted to sell from there because people comes there every time and your product will be seen quickly there.

It's better to sell directly from your own store rather than selling from other party store, if you sell directly from your store , you will earn more but if you sell from other party stores , you will give the other party stores commission for using their stores , but there are some other party stores that are popular like Aliexpress, eBay, and konga, you might be tempted to sell from there because people comes there every time and your product will be seen quickly there.
A lot of people only talk about theoretical things. Yes, you can make a lot of money if you can sell via your own store. However, where are you going to find buyers to buy from your store. Let me ask you a question. When you are buying, will you buy from Amazon or from xyz site that no one has heard of?

Both has its benefits, Though selling through a third party store online makes the work easier in terms of getting traffic's since it's already a know brand. But there is nothing as good as having yours it would only take time.

I can use both of the store do far I will be able to make sales. However, if the third party have more traffic than my own store I will definitely prioritize using the store than my own store

I think they are both good both our store and third party store. And moreover they can be used together. I would prefer to use them both. For I will get sales form my store and also form third party store. On third party store. There is probability that the product will be shown to many people

If you want to sell online, you have two options: one, you sell via ebay, amazon, etc.; two, you sell from your own store. If you are already selling online, which method do you thinknis better? I have tried both, and in my opinion both of these methods are really difficult. You need to spend a lot of time in seo and digital marketing, and compared to the profits you make it is not rewarding. You should not try to sell online unless you have a lot of money and a good team.

Actually, I believe that it's more better to sell your business products and services using both services and pay commissions to the third party based on what's sold.

Since there are other social media platforms that you can make use of by selling your products directly to prospective buyers,then it's better to make use of them.

Since there are other social media platforms that you can make use of by selling your products directly to prospective buyers,then it's better to make use of them.

I think that you didn't really get what they were looking at explicitly explaining. It's just like looking at Amazon, and asking if Amazon should sell on their website only or have an app store.

Selling on third party stores has its own advantages and disadvantages. It already has large client base that gives you exposure. However, you face competition from different sellers and the fees might affect your profit.

The goal is to make money and for me I think I can sell on any of the store. However, if the third party have more user traffic than my own website, I will definitely opt in to use the third party website

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds