Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling my father's estate

Such discussions are better made or done between you and the rest of the family in conjunction with a real estate expert, in this manner you won't make any wrong decision.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are a lot of things that you will have to consider whenever you want to sell and estate including the location, your target audience and also how long has the building been.

You can't know how much to sell the building or estate unless you hire the service of a valuer in the real estate business. With this method you will definitely know how much the property is worth

Firstly you should check on the structure is it still well balance ?, Also check on some destroyed tools like the zinc and the ceiling and so on before you can really fix the price

My father built an estate back in the1980s. The houses are quite old and needs proper maintenance so my dad proposed for us to sell the estate.

The problem now is how much to sell the property. The estate have 12 buildings in it and each houses have 3 bedrooms. How much do you think we can sell the house.
You could go into agreement with a developer who will refurbish the house and remodel it,after that rents it out for a given number of years to recoup their investment and profit then hand it back over to your family or you can get a value to value it and sell it

Sure, advertising your father's estate via marketplace where estate and other things are placed on sale order can get response from suitors.

Since the estate is already old and most of the facilities might have either degraded or gone bad, the value of the estate has already been reduced, you can get the help of a real estate consultant.

I think the estate you have just described would really cost a lot of money if selling it is something to go by. We are looking at an amount of roughly 60 million naira also

My father built an estate back in the1980s. The houses are quite old and needs proper maintenance so my dad proposed for us to sell the estate.

The problem now is how much to sell the property. The estate have 12 buildings in it and each houses have 3 bedrooms. How much do you think we can sell the house.
If you're selling out the estate without carrying out repairs and refurbishing, then you would have to reconsider your selling price. I don't know the area the estate is located, because cost of estates in various areas differ.

Before you think of the cost of the estate, there are certain things you have to consider.
You have to consider the location or area where the property is situated, enquire from other realtors there how much such a property can be sold for. Also check the structures, are they still intact? do you planning on renovating before selling? if not, it will determine the cost of the property.

Selling your father estate due it has issue of being outdated I believe they family is facing multiple financial issue which that estate remain the only thing left for the surviver of they family, since they family cannot raise cash to develop the estate to modern standard, sometimes some families are being bankrupted

I believe the house would have lost in value due to the issue that the house is old but i believe the area is a developed area which gives you the opportunity of selling it at a higher price because of the land .

We can only give tips on how you can arrive at the price that you'll place on the property because there are many factors to consider. This include location of the estate,the structural integrity of the building the size of the land that the building sits on all these will determine the value of the property.
Therefore engage a property valuer to do that for you.

It will not be advantageous to sell an estate that is out of style. Before selling the building, the best option is to try to renovate it to current standards.

The best way to get a price is to find an expert to do an appraisal. The price depends on the location and general conditions of each home, the walls if they are lined or not, the roof if it is made of zinc or sheet metal, the bathrooms, all this is taken into account when selling, even the land in around it, everything is evaluated.

If the location is good you can possibly renovate the building , with that you can be able to sell it with high price. That is what most real estate companies are doing with older buildings.

I believe that the greatest worry for anybody who is going to buy the house is that they will have to renovate it before they can start using it. This is something that a lot of people are not willing to take and it will be better if you do it before selling

That's going to be dependent on lot of factors especially the housing and living costs in your locality, the amount of monies spent in renovation and the likes. Those kind of things will definitely add up to the final costs.

We , cannot tell how much it will worth for the estate to be sold but most importantly it will depends on the location . you should also state your location because that plays a very important role.

Such discussions are better made or done between you and the rest of the family in conjunction with a real estate expert, in this manner you won't make any wrong decision.
This is extremely key as well. Involve the services of an expert so you can properly guided and not end up being swindled or take the wrong steps as regards to due legal processes being followed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds