Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling my father's estate

I suggest you get a real estate valuer to help you determine how much the estate will cost , the valuer will take a number of factors into consideration, location, extent of damage and so on. So my advise would be for you or your family to get a professional to help you value the property.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would not pretend, i do not know the price range to sell such big estate because I am not into real estate business. But I can provide you with quality and reasonable advice, which is: hand over the property to a real estate agent who is familiar with the estate world, they would help you bargain right.

Your father's estate is a family business and establishment, you selling it there must be a good reason for your action, if there's no good reason then it's not suppose to be sold. You make lots of money through estate maintenance and sales. Selling your father's estate for forther investment is ok.

In this case, there is a need for you to upgrade the house, that is renovating the house to give it selling value, after you successfully renovated the house.

To ascertain the value for the house, you need to employ the services of surveyor as they will be the ones to value the property. The next step will be finding a buyer for the house.

The amount you intends selling it depends on so many factors, like location of the estate, if it's in a rural area or not, stable electricity on that area, good roads etc. You made mention that the estate is old, I would advise you to spend some money on renovation and then slightly increase the renting price, instead of selling it off completely.

@ property appraisal isn't something a non professional can do, seek the services of an estate valuer. Why sell in the first place? Is it because it's old? You can make good amount of money if you can raise funds to restructure or do the necessary maintenance. Seek the service of a developer, who will undertake the repairs and manage the property for 10-15yrs to recoup his invested funds leaving you with monthly or yearly commission. But after the agreed time you reap the benefit and you can decide to still sell with the house in improved shape.i.e double value.

You guys would need to consider a lot of things. You will definitely need the service of professionals in the real estate field tho value the estate and come up with the best price to sell the estate at if not you might be selling at a loss if you go ahead on your own.

The estate agent or valuers will do a perfect job by selling the estate in a very good price at a low cost of professional fee except you are not patient with them to have different buyers to bid for it.

If you see someone that is ready to buy the estate as it is then you’re good to go, most people will want you to renovate it and do some work in it before they buy. The location matters a lot and the state of security around the place comes in handy too.

My opinion is to reconstruct the estate .like if the house is in old direction than this will not give much profit but if you build some new rooms and new things than you sell so i think it's gonna give you more profit than your imagination .but if you want sell the estate in same condition so the price will be according to the condition of estate and you take idea from the area people than environment matters as well.

My father built an estate back in the1980s. The houses are quite old and needs proper maintenance so my dad proposed for us to sell the estate.

The problem now is how much to sell the property. The estate have 12 buildings in it and each houses have 3 bedrooms. How much do you think we can sell the house.
Even if the houses are old you can as well renovate them and make them to look neat so that you may sell them at a good price.
Though i don't know how much old houses cost in your country,you can do research on that and look at the conditions of the houses.
After getting how much it can cost you can renovate a little and sell it

If the environment is according to the buyer than he will decide about the payment because you told above that it is of 80s than might be the design of houses is old but if the security and privacy is good there than i am sure your estate will go in high rank
You need to concern with people near the estate house they will give you best suggestion about selling and prices that what rate is going now a days.

It depends on the location, is it in urban area or rural area? What part of town exactly is the building situated? Let me know sir, so I can get a buyer for you Asap. How much do you have in mind when your father decided that the land should be sold? Please am waiting for your response as soon as possible.

Your father's estate needs to be probated. Once your father's estate has been filed for probate it could simply be to have a personal representative appointed, then the personal representative can sell the house or the personal representative can distribute the house to the heirs at law and they can sell the house

There are many things that determines the price or value of an estate. To determine the price of the estate you must consider, the location of the estate, the standard of the estate, the neighborhood in which the property is situated, the designs and furniture of the building.

There are many things that determines the price or value of an estate. To determine the price of the estate you must consider, the location of the estate, the standard of the estate, the neighborhood in which the property is situated, the designs and furniture of the building.
you can be able to sell your father estate if your dad has given the estate's to you or you inherited the estate that will give you the full right to make decision of what to do with the estate or not without that it is not proper and illegal to sell your father's real estate.

The location of the property is a major determinant as to the value of the property. However, it is better to get an estate valuer to do the necessary evaluation to give the correct and current market value of the property.

The location of the property is a major determinant as to the value of the property. However, it is better to get an estate valuer to do the necessary evaluation to give the correct and current market value of the property.
I have realised that what mostly determines the value of a property is actually the location because the location of a property gives it these value.

I have realised that what mostly determines the value of a property is actually the location because the location of a property gives it these value.
Exactly, if a property is in a rural area, no matter the quality of the property, the value of the property will replicated. The bottom line is that location is key.

You should get an estate realtor or a surveyor to ascertain the price of such a property. He or she would know how much it costs currently.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds