Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

School Reading Programs

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
When you were in school, did they have a reading program with incentives or awards? My local library used to have a contest every summer and would give out prizes to the top readers and sometimes I would win that for my age group. I was a prolific reader!

When my daughter was in school, she would get a Pizza Hut coupon for her reading list achievements.

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
In elementary school, there were reading programs.
If the whole school read a certain number of books each year, there would be some kind of reward.
We also had a day every year where we came in our pajamas and brought our sleeping bags. Instead of school work, we would just read all day.
I remember the principal sleeping on the roof one night because we all reached our quota for reading a certain amount of books one year.

Considering that I was a shy student in school, I didn't find it easy joining any reading contest. What I did most of my weekends was going to the newspaper stand to read and pick out new words and their meanings.

When I was in school it was called Accelerated Reading (AR) program. We read the books, took the quiz over it and then would earn points. At award shows people with 100 points would be recognized and given a button, 50 points, 20 points and I think that was it. I made it my mission to beat this one person which is really what fueled my reading. I was so competitive lol.

I know there were some summer programs if you read you'd get coupons to eat somewhere. I'm not sure if they do that here other than for summers now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds