Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🔍 SEO Insights Same Post/Article On Two Different Sites?

Discussing search engine optimization techniques and questions.

JoshB

Recognized member
Website
thisindiecreator.com
Credits
Been thinking about this for a bit lately. I have a blog that is focused on independent creators and alternative platforms. Then there are the forums that incorporate elements of that same philosophy. My question is that I write my blog post/articles to be posted on both sites. Is there a detriment to doing this or will different audiences find the posts on the site that they prefer?

Essentially the same post shows up on site A and site B.

Not 100% sure, but I believe Google does not like "duplicate content." It might only count the first one in search results, but I am not 100% sure.

I would rather quote parts of the article and change some things up instead of copying and pasting the article verbatim between sites. I have a feeling just copying and pasting the same content wouldn't look good and could affect your SEO.

The first posted article has priority. Google penalizes duplicate content. It's best to make a small summary of the article, without duplicating content and having a link to the original content. I believe if you duplicate the content entirely, yours will not rank well. But Google only penalizes when this happens often. One time shouldn't be such big of a deal to duplicate if you want.

This was what I was kind of thinking would be the case. Thinking will start doing a summery of the post with a link to the original location.

Its mean you are wasting your time because search engine like Google will ignore duplicate contents and site will not get rank ..... If you are using adsense then may be Google will block them if you are adding many duplicate contents.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest