Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Salary or hourly?

Common sense will tell you that being paid by the hour is far more better than whatever they are going to pay you on monthly basis. I can easily work 20 hours in a day, sleep for 4 hours and still be very agile and fit to work the next day. Unfortunately, we only get paid by the month here and not hourly.

Advertisement Placeholder
I prefer to be paid hourly. That way I tend to take care of my expenses as they come, i do not have to wait month end and sort them out all at once. It can help you learn to save, once you've calculated all you need to spend a day, you can save the rest. Moreso, it will be encouraging to work more hours

I prefer the hourly method and bi-weekly method, these enable me to be able to cater for most of my needs at an earlier time instead of waiting till the end of the month, whenever i have no savings, i am forced to borrow and pay back by month ending, the hourly method would prevent all these and make life easier.

Hourly pay is best for me. I am a discipline person when it comes to saving , so I do not worry about spending my money without having any reasonable savings . Oftentimes I hear people say, they find it hard to save when been paid hourly. Well, such is not my ordeal as I am able to save more than when paid monthly in form of salary. Monthly salary gets exhausted in no time because you already have a long list of things to wish to do when the months ends.
It is better for you but not for all persons. As you have mentioned, you are discipline person. Most of the person do not follow the rules and the hours are decreased. A person may spend more money hoping that he will work more.

I would refer to be paid hourly as their would be more time to rest or pick up another hourly paid jobs , and I would have it at the back of my mind that my input would determine my payment at the end of each .hourly also helps you to clear bills in time instead of having to wait for payment at the end of the month.

It's crazy but i prefer hourly because i have self discipline when it comes to handling money, personally it will motivate me more to know how much im making every hour.. even if i overtime for just an hour it will be paid. And im also kind of impatient that's why.

Hourly pay will be more preferable if the accumulation of the payment will be more than that of monthly salary.
Hourly pay can attract incentived depend on the capacity of the workers and one can easily do over time as deem fit.
On hourly pay one can easily calculate what you can make in a week to meet some necessity .

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.
I prefer monthly, that way I can make plans for it properly. If it enters hourly, I might just be taking it out gradually and spend it unnecessarily. Monthly will also assist me in saving better.

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.
I prefer fixed monthly salary cos it wil be easier for me to save at the end of the month but if I am been paid hourly, it won't be easy for me to have savings

It depends on your daily needs, your resources management skills and the type of job that is involved. For me I prefer a salary as I'm very poor in managing resources. if I I'm being paid hourly I will spend the money by the hour, I don't priotize if I I have money to spend. But if it's salary I would have planned ahead of time on how to spend my money before I received it.

I prefer to be paid salary because it helps me to fulfill my responsibilities like buying of food stuff in,bulk, payment of rent and others with ease. And even if I don't want to be paid salary, I will hardly find a job in my country in Nigeria.

I prefer working by the hour also that way I can make as much as I want to make in a day as it would just involve me preparing my mind and body for the task, but being paid monthly will not give me that opportunity, no matter how many more hours I work my salary still remains the same amount. I don’t think that will be good for me

Salary (fixed monthly payment). It simplifies budgeting. A monthly salary simplifies budgeting, because household bills are often due monthly. As a monthly-paid employee, simply determine your expenses for the month and subtract the total from your monthly salary. If you are paid via direct deposit, you and your spouse can open a bank account strictly for bill payments and allocate a portion of your salaries to pay bills. Unless you have unforeseen expenses, your budget likely stays the same when you are paid monthly.

I prefer hourly payment, in the case being absent from work you loss only the money you are to get for that hour(s). In the case of salary most firm deduct an amount that is bigger than what you are to get if you were being paid hourly.

Salary or hourly is depends on the agreement between the Owner of the business or organization and the workers, if they conclude to be paying the worker hourly so they must pay them per hour and if salary they must do the same

I am much more preferred by hourly salary, it makes me more motivated to do my job if I can receive my salary as possible. This is not to be hurry in money, but because I can use my hourly salary quickly if things go wrong and incase I need money by emergency.

Nothing can be compared to wages from my own perspective. This is because it can easily meet my needs as they arise and not allow it accumulate till ending of the month.

Actually being paid by the hour is more preferable to being paid monthly. Paying hourly enable you to set your work times and hours. you work when you feel like working because you know you'll be paid for that particular time you are working.

To me,I prefer paying in salary because as I am like this I don't like collecting money that I have not work for because anything can happen at any time .even salary enable to know how to have good plans about money.

I prefer to be paid based on the contract. For example, if I am hired for app development, I will determine the charges based on the amount of work I need to do. I would love to be paid hourly, however, I don't know how can I determine, or my employer determines how many hours I need to complete a task such as building contents, designing, etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds