Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Running niche related contests on your site/forum

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Just like our Battle of the Boards, running contests on your forum can be a great way to increase engagement and build community.

• Clearly defining the rules and guidelines of the contest, including the start and end dates, how to enter, and how winners will be selected.
  • Offering valuable prizes that are relevant to your niche or community.
  • Promoting the contest through your forum, other forums, social media, and other channels to attract as many participants as possible.
  • Encouraging participation by making it easy for people to enter, such as through a simple online form, post or social media post.
  • Being transparent and fair in selecting winners and announcing the results.
  • Following up with participants after the contest to thank them for their participation and to keep them engaged with your community.
  • You can also make contest as challenges or quizzes to make it more interesting.

Are you offering contests at the moment? How is it going? What have you find helpful in promoting the contest?

I don't really do contests much if at all on my current board, but we had quite a few of them on one of my past boards. We'd have coding and graphic contests to see who would be voted the best coder and graphic designer for that period. We did a Battle of the Boards ourselves once too. I just don't have the motivation or ideas to do contests anymore, it feels.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor