Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Retired Staff

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you do with your staff members when they retire from the position? Do you make a special group just for them so that their service is recognised or would you just bump them back down to a regular member?

Myself, I would make a Retired Staff group to show my thanks for their dedication to the forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have an 'Emeritus' group, where retired staff members who are still active can get involved with staff matters if they wish - but it's no longer their job to do so.

However, if they fall inactive for an extended period of time, then I just make them regular members.

If I remember correctly, I believe I only had two different staff members (not including myself) on my current board since its 6+ year creation. If I had more to show for, I'd likely have a retired staff member group and maybe they can access an extra section of the board where they can chit-chat and get scoops on upcoming features/resources/additions. I don't remember the staff members on my board sticking around for too long and they're no longer active in general, so I suppose with that being said, the retirement benefit wouldn't be too worthwhile. I've mainly been flying solo.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds