Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you promote a staff member to an admin role?

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
Credits
What characteristic features do you look for in an existing staff member of your forum in order to give them a promotion to join you in the administrator group?

Trust is the biggest thing I look for, as well as activity on the forums too. Knowledge is another factor I look at, it's always best to hire someone who may have more knowledge about the software you're using if you're not familiar with the platform.

Unless it's a paid job then you would expect that person would do as much and 100% the greatest job as you are paying him as a job. But who really does pay for staff members nowadays?

Even then you do not always trust that person if it's an paid job

Trust is the biggest thing I look for, as well as activity on the forums too. Knowledge is another factor I look at, it's always best to hire someone who may have more knowledge about the software you're using if you're not familiar with the platform.

All of this!!

Another thing I watch out for is...is the person trying to climb the ladder just to get the position?

This all sounds about right! I would probably have to get to know the person personally a bit to gain their trust and know them for a lengthy time. The last thing you want is your forum destroyed by someone with bad intentions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor