Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities for a Customer Support Representative

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
What do you think is the most important quality for a customer service representative to have? Why?

I think they need to have patience, and being willing to see things through. I hate having to deal with multiple people, due to someone not being willing to be patient.

Advertisement Placeholder
Problem-solving is the most important talent to have if you want to thrive in customer service. Every other aspect of the job is connected to problem-solving talents in some way. Ultimately, a customer service representative's goal is to keep your customers satisfied.

A customer service should be able to flow with customers, understand their own view point and get them to talk about their issues and provide a solution in the most admirable way

What do you think is the most important quality for a customer service representative to have? Why?

I think they need to have patience, and being willing to see things through. I hate having to deal with multiple people, due to someone not being willing to be patient.
A good customer service representative should be able to be patient and tolerant with the customers.
He or she should be cordial with customers, be presentable and approachable.

Apart from the fact that they need patience, the number one skill I feel that a customer care representative should have is that of communication. Ideas must be transmitted in clear, understandable terms

A customer support representative must have good communication skill and must be patience in attending to customers enquiries, requests and complaints.

As a customer service representative, you are the first to be seen or heard by customers, therefore, it is very important to have the right qualities for such post.
Patience is utmost, it is not easy listening to customers calling and calling to make one demand or complaint.
But a patient and tolerant customer reps can handle it.

As a customer service representative, you must be respectful and very receptive to visitors, in your voice tone and carriage. You should avoid creating the wrong impression at first meeting and try not to over familiarize with your customers, try to be official yet inviting.

one of the things that a good customer representative should have is a friendly desposition,because once a customer sees a friendly attitude from the help care desk,whatever tension he hsa would be doused.

This reminds me in one case that happened which they said customer is right at any level, perhaps the customer have to be patient and tolerant and fine his a suitable way out to his issues or presentable problem way out.

Customer service is the act of providing support to both prospective and existing customers. Customer service professionals commonly answer customer questions through in-person, phone, email, chat, and social media interactions and may also be responsible for creating documentation for self-service support.

For me I will say that for a successful customer care representative that person must be very eloquent and be able to communicate effectively with people, the person must also be able to tolerate people no matter how they try to provoke him or her and the person must be able to be courteous to everyone around him or her.

I think the very first thing a customer service representative should have is politeness. Apart from that a customer service representative should have the ability to understand the problem in an effective way. There were times when I got contradictory response from two different customer service representatives. :(

A good customer care representative should posses qualities like being polite, being able to work under pressure,be knowledge able about all goods and services of the company

Customers too should understand that customers care are not the owners of the business. Customer care providers should be well skilled on how to work for people with different personalities

Quality that a customer care representative should have is good communication skill and lots of patience,also to be able to calm situation and give reassurance.

A customer representative must possess the following qualities; patience, good communication skills, prompt and time on task, problem solving and above all, patience!

A customer service personnel must always be friendly and nice to customers at all times. He or she must be able to listen patiently to customers' complaints without being rude

I think they need to have patients and being willing to see things through, though it's having hard and hectic headache to deal with multiple people at once is not easy.

One of the major quality a customer representative in any company should have, would be the ability to tolerate, understand and listen. These are very important qualities needed to deal with people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds