Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities for a Customer Support Representative

Customer service provider must have the qualities below:
1. Educational qualification.
2. Politeness.
3. Patience.
4. Good temperament.
5. Good looking.
6. Receptive.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with you Joshua, I think a customer service representative needs to be patient especially when they are dealing with disgruntled customers.

A good customer support has to be patience enough, be proactive and also try to be able to multitask. He or she must be a good listener than speaking jargons

What do you think is the most important quality for a customer service representative to have? Why?

I think they need to have patience, and being willing to see things through. I hate having to deal with multiple people, due to someone not being willing to be patient.
I agree with you customer support representatives must be patient. They need to have the ability to recognize, grasp or comprehend and manage their own emotions which is very important, as well as those of the customers with whom they’re interacting

If you don't know how to relate and talk to people then this is not a job for you. Humans can be very annoying at times so if you don't have the ability to control your emotions then don't do this kind of work.

Being patient and calm are very important no matter how aggressive the customer is, a customer support rep must have good knowledge of the available products and services and must be able to communicate effectively whether face to face or over the phone, It's always an advantage if the customer support rep can handle CRM softwares effectively to enable him to keep good record of conversations.

The qualities of a customer service representative should be;
Having a good communication skill.
Understanding.
Patience.
Listening skills.
Being friendly.

A good customer service must be patient with their customer and also be able to tolerate them, because we all know that customers are always right so you need to be patient with them.

The most important quality for a customer support representative is the cool temperament. You will encounter all sorts of people and you should never lose your cool.

Yes, these are all good qualities of a good customer service. They should be friendly and the patience is really needed because sometimes customers can be annoying.

A customer support representative must have good communication skill and must be patience in attending to customers enquiries, requests and complaints.
Yes, if it's possible to speak more than one language, it's an added benefit for the company because the customer service representative will be capable of handing more customers with different languages who can't speak English.

Working in a customer representative services department is not an easy work, a good customer representative must have a lot of patience, a lot I repeat, must be attentive, listen carefully and try as much as possible to provide best services to the callers

The customer support representative should have patience. He/she needs to have an ability to listen to people's complain patiently. The customer support representative should never lose his/her temper.

First is that the customer care must have a good communication skill,and must be ready to help the a customer retify any issue,the person most not look down on any customer irrespective of the person financial status
[automerge]1635441714[/automerge]
First is that the customer care must have a good communication skill,and must be ready to help the a customer retify any issue,the person most not look down on any customer irrespective of the person financial status

Customer service provider must have the qualities below:
1. Educational qualification.
2. Politeness.
3. Patience.
4. Good temperament.
5. Good looking.
6. Receptive.
The above qualities is needed for effective customer service delivery. In addition to that ans which is very important is the customer service staff or representative is open to learn new things and upgrade to suit current realities of doing business most especially the use of technology.

Well the person must be friendly and open minded about certain things and the person must be someone that is easy to flow with and someone that knows the right words to say

I think a customer service representative should be able to tolerate a lot of things especially from the customers, some times they customer you met might help you with a better job depending on how you treat him.
I think a customer service representative should be very neat with a good personal hygiene also, a customer does not just buy, he also sees the way you look every day.

Last edited:
Customer management support skills is one of the vital skills I think a customer service should have because people are going to be coming to then with loads of issues, it takes management skills to handle it effectively.

Here are the top customer service skills your representatives need, according to data.
  1. Persuasive Speaking Skills. Think of the most persuasive speaker in your organization. ...
  2. Empathy. ...
  3. Adaptability. ...
  4. Ability to Use Positive Language. ...
  5. Clear Communication Skills. ...
  6. Self-Control. ...
  7. Taking Responsibility. ...
  8. Patience.
A big part of your job will require negotiation skills. After a few years in real estate, you’ll probably be able to teach a class on negotiation skills at the local community college. That’s how good you’ll need to be.

Negotiation is important in real estate because you’ll need to haggle over at least three things:

• The listing price
  • The selling price
  • Your commision
Once you become a real estate agent, teach yourself the art of negotiation. Start with setting your commission, because that’s the hardest one. If you can secure a good commission for yourself, you have the innate ability to negotiate on all other real estate matters.

What i observed is that the most of the customer support representatives do not know all the bank features and services. One would be very surprised that some of them failed to answer simple questions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds