Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

PunBB/FluxBB

Credits
So has anyone here ever used either PunBB or FluxBB before? I've used FluxBB, and it's great for a lightweight forum software. It's perfect for those not needing too many features, and there are quite a few different plugins and modifications you can add to the forum to make it more similar to other software out there... However seeing how both software lack basic functions that most other free software has out of the box, I think it's mainly good for those who are new to owning a forum. What do you guys think about either software?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've used PunBB before, a few communities still use that software even though it's in an odd state of being maintained but feature locked. FluxBB is a fork of PunBB, hence why they might look and act somewhat similar (and to add on the forks of PunBB, we'll have to include ModernBB as well). I think all of them are great if you just want to have a simple community, without any of the extra things that take away from the community vibe (private messages for example since their between 2+ members and not the whole community).

Out of them to pick, you'd be forced with PunBB as ModernBB is dead (it has been fully rewritten and now is named Luna), and FluxBB is also going to be dead as it will be moved to Flarum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds