Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Protagonist or Antagonist?

Do you like more protagonist or antagonist characters in the movies?

• Total voters

The Raven

Reputable member
Credits
Now, each movie / book must have its protagonist and antagonist. They are all unique in their own way and sometimes to antagonists seem to have more logic in their thinking than antagonists. Personally, I love antagonists more than protagonists. For example, Grindewald. He is very powerful and has an interesting concept of fighting against muggles. You see, wizards have to hide from muggles but they are more powerful than they are. So, Grindelwald has a bit extreme idea to make wizards rule over muggles and make a new world order.

I wouldn't go that far but his idea in general is good, to remove the shackles.

Advertisement Placeholder
I tend to like protagonists, and largely gave up on novel writing because antagonists were hard for me to write. In real life, antagonists aren't any fun and really, really suck. What irks me about novels and movies now is that they glamourize the fight between the protagonist and antagonist. They don't really include the struggle where the protagonist doesn't know what to do, struggles massively, and has to go to therapy, and then gets trashed by the antagonist over and over again.

I always liked protagonists like Uncle Bob from Terminator 2. I'm not a fan of a lot of antagonists due to their thinking being really flawed.

sci-fi GIF

I always liked protagonists like Uncle Bob from Terminator 2. I'm not a fan of a lot of antagonists due to their thinking being really flawed.

sci-fi GIF
What is wrong with Grindelwald's plan to conquer muggles? Wizards who are more superior are forced to hide in the shadows. He was willing to take over the world and enforce somewhat tyranny, but those who are stronger always use it to dominate over the weak.

What is wrong with Grindelwald's plan to conquer muggles? Wizards who are more superior are forced to hide in the shadows. He was willing to take over the world and enforce somewhat tyranny, but those who are stronger always use it to dominate over the weak.

What is wrong with Skynet's plan to wipe humans out by sending machines back in time and kill anyone who get in their way? :p

The first T-800 murdered 30 police officers to take out Sarah so Skynet could keep it's reign.

Last edited:
What is wrong with Skynet's plan to wipe humans out by sending machines back in time and kill anyone who get in their way? :p

The first T-800 murdered 30 police officers to take out Sarah so Skynet could keep it's reign.

Those are machines. Here we have the wage of power between humans, or to be precise, different type of "race" if I can call it. Humans rule over all the animals in the world because we can. We are superior. It is not a suprrise in history to see those in power to dominate over weak.

I go with the antagonist. I love villains more in movies, TV shows and books too. Take for instance, Darksied is my favourite DC character even with Superman and the rest.

I like anti hero character, a character that is neither too heroic nor too much evil. Just like in real life everyone of us have dark side and bright side, I have characters that have both kind of nature,

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds