Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you value lurkers?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
We often focus on the most vocal members as "active members," but what about the silent ones, or "lurkers"? Even if they aren't actively participating, lurkers can still bring value by observing, absorbing information, and spreading word-of-mouth about our community.
  • How do you think we can better support and engage lurkers without pushing them out of their comfort zones?
  • What low-effort ways have you seen (or think would work) to encourage more participation from these quieter members?
  • Should we even aim to move lurkers towards more active roles, or is their silent presence enough?

Advertisement Placeholder
I am not sure whether I have any lurkers on my forums or not, I have not paid much attention to the users who visit the forum but do not post. I believe they can also be an asset on your forum. Your forum not only needs activities but also visits. If you have 10 lurkers who visit ten threads, you can have 100 page views. If they do every day, you will have 3000 page views. We need to think about bigger picture. Not everyone can be interested on posting, but some people like to read and just hang around.

I value lurkers and I feel that is always a best practice when you are a community leader.

As a community leader you should not only be looking at what your active members are doing but also those who are lurking at taking in information but not interacting. You may not be able to find a tactic and find content to get all lurkers engaging but even if you get a few, it's a success.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 7)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds