Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Promoting one's service through print media

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does anyone here still promote their services through print media, such as newspapers, magazines, in store/business ads, etc?

I feel like it would be an ideal option to promote ones business in your local area. But if you could get ads in every newspaper, or publication, it could benefit you even more I imagine. Who here has tried to advertise in print media? Is it worth it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Print ad can cost you a lot of money. I can advertise on facebook for 10 days with $10, however, I cannot run even one day ad on a print newspaper with $10. For a small 250 X 250 mm box ad, I will have to pay at least $20 if I want to advertise on newspaper in my home country. This rate is for black and white ad.

Print ad can cost you a lot of money. I can advertise on facebook for 10 days with $10, however, I cannot run even one day ad on a print newspaper with $10. For a small 250 X 250 mm box ad, I will have to pay at least $20 if I want to advertise on newspaper in my home country. This rate is for black and white ad.
Exactly in my opinion it's a total waste of money, though it depends on your target market because to the best of my knowledge the people who read print media have been diverted online so I'll rather advertise on social media that is cheaper.

Advertising on print medium cannot be called a total waste of money. Newspapers also have a very huge reach. The platform you chose should depend on the type of product you are trying to promote.

Promoting ones services through the media is still very much alive because a lots of people still read newspaper and most especially those who are not that vast in using smartphone to access information online. With this I think print media is still a good industry

Does anyone here still promote their services through print media, such as newspapers, magazines, in store/business ads, etc?

I feel like it would be an ideal option to promote ones business in your local area. But if you could get ads in every newspaper, or publication, it could benefit you even more I imagine. Who here has tried to advertise in print media? Is it worth it?
Yes, an uncle of mine still uses newspaper to promote his business but the truth is that the results are not as encouraging these days anymore.

I have tried promoting my freelancing services through print media. I did receive a couple of calls regarding my services, however, I did not get any customers.

I think instead of paying money to create an ad for print media that a business should consider doing a Press Release. If there is an important event or some type of charitable work happening, the media eats that stuff up. Writing a Press Release means following Who, What, When, Where, Why and How. It doesn't need to be lengthy but should be enticing enough for people to want to see what it's all about.

I haven't because print media is quite expensive, and in this new era people are mostly online, I'd rather spend that same amount of money on social media and get my desired results

Concerning if promoting one's service through print media is still relevant or worth it .well, I believe it is very much still relevant regardless of the use of social media and the likes. But it would be more preferable to go on social this days because of cost and publicity, but print media is still relevant llig

Promotion of one service on print Media is quite effective especially on print Medias like newspapers and magazines because a lot of people still read these forms of Media.

It is very good to promote your service through print Media in a local area, this is because it is more understandable for them and also it will be of cheaper rates to you

Truth be told, this method of advertising or promoting one's products has-been long outdated. Social media is there nowadays for such.

You are absolutely right You have to spend a lot of money to advertise your service through print media.But i don't think it's successful Because nowadays everyone uses social media You can do your business advertisement easily and for less cost through social media.

Promotion of one service on print Media is quite effective especially on print Medias like newspapers and magazines because a lot of people still read these forms of Media.
Advertising through print media costs a lot and with the look of things it's not as effective as online advertising medium. Depending on the type of product or service, print media is also a good medium of advertisement.

Before the advent and popularity of social media, print media was in vogue. But the fact is that people don't really like reading compare to watching. And the miney is also expensive

i believe that nobody does it anymore because of the advertising costs in those offline platforms, people now moved to the digital things such as internet

Yes it is very much possible, advertisement of this kind is still rampant in our society today but it is only limited to a certain location , it is only people from the particular environment that will have access to the advertisement,to me digital advertising is the best.

Before the internet I advertised my lot that I was selling. I got more than 10 calls and a handful of interested callers. My lot got sold because of that ad. But now the printed newspaper is getting rare and only few are buying. Maybe the ads in their online version would be more effective than the printed version.

Yeah true, nothing bad in promoting ones business in local area through printing at least you start from somewhere. Eben though its not an old format.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds