Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Productivity of A Manager: Who is more productive between a Male and Female Manager?

Personally, I have worked with good Male managers in the past but if I'm to rank the best ones it will be the few female mangers I have worked with. There is this trait in them, they are more passionate about the Job, and result oriented.
Most female managers cherish perfect job execution unlike the Male Folks.

Share your views using the comment section.
It depends on the organisation because when you are talking about male and female manager productivity in an organisation I have worked with both male and female and what I can say about productivity is that it is not about gender but what an individual can offer. There are some female manager that have high productivity than some male managers. And there also some male manager that I have high productivity than some female manager it all depends on the organisation they are working with.

Advertisement Placeholder
As Paquette writes: “Workaholism isn’t necessarily a sign of value.Simply putting in more face time in the office doesn’t mean you’re working smart or accomplishing more.
Yana Gallen’s research, for example, found a gender productivity gap of 8% between men and women, pointing out that “almost two-thirds of the residual wage gap is due to productivity differences between men and women.”

But unlike these studies that found men to be more productive at work than women because of these inequities, Hive’s research—which sampled over 3,000 men and women across hundreds of workspaces—revealed that women contribute 10% more at work than their male peers do. The findings focused not just on hours worked, but on actual deliverables contributed and completed—in other words, productivity.
What an Insightful data @Denuola. @Ralphjoe i'm not gender bias on the issue discussed, and I wouldn't want you all to comment from such perspective. Productivity of any manager is irrespective of gender. But with regards to my experience female Managers take the top spot when it comes to level of productivity.

What an Insightful data @Denuola. @Ralphjoe i'm not gender bias on the issue discussed, and I wouldn't want you all to comment from such perspective. Productivity of any manager is irrespective of gender. But with regards to my experience female Managers take the top spot when it comes to level of productivity.
On this opinion of yours, I don't agree with it because I have worked with a female manager that is not committed to her job, who feels so important and does anyhow in the organization because she is in relationship with the owner of the company. Now this is the story for so many female managers out there that you can't conclude that female managers are the best. You also have male managers too with the same traits.

Personally, I have worked with good Male managers in the past but if I'm to rank the best ones it will be the few female mangers I have worked with. There is this trait in them, they are more passionate about the Job, and result oriented.
Most female managers cherish perfect job execution unlike the Male Folks.

Share your views using the comment section.
Productivity and success has no gender. Productivity and success depends on individual make up and inputs towards the task at hand. There are certain skills that every Manager be it male or female ought to possess in order to be successful.

Both male and female can actually do the job if they are compet my and can do the job to an extent that the business or organisation will be able to qchiev it's aim.
Therefore I can actually say that both male and female can do the job and can make it profitable.

I don't think productivity has to do with the gender, it majorly depends on their respective experiences as managers, whichever of them is an intellectual person with lots of achievements and quota meets and long hours working experiences (and can still maintain them), such a person, be it male or female is fit for the managerial position.

On this opinion of yours, I don't agree with it because I have worked with a female manager that is not committed to her job, who feels so important and does anyhow in the organization because she is in relationship with the owner of the company. Now this is the story for so many female managers out there that you can't conclude that female managers are the best. You also have male managers too with the same traits.
You don't need to concur @Ralphjoe. Statistical data on productivity and their contributions to various works of life across all business level is at your disposal. I wouldn't want us to engage in non factual argument.

Last edited:
I think the gender doesn't really matterit is more about individual personality and how passionate the manager is about the job. Intelligence is another factor that lead to good productivity of the individual

Women complete more despite being assigned more. Hive discovered that women are assigned 55% of all work, compared to 45% assigned to men. While you might guess that having more tasks on your shoulders would make it more difficult to get the job done, these extra assignments didn’t hold women back, since they still managed to produce more than men. Women were found to assign 20% more tasks to someone of the same gender

It all depends on individual differences. Not all women are like the one you are talking about and not all men exhibit lack of passion in their workplace. It would be difficult to just arrive at a final conclusion. Both male and female managers could be productive.

Women underrepresentation in science has frequently been associated with women being less productive than men (i.e. the gender productivity gap), which may be explained by women having lower success rates, producing science of lower impact and/or suffering gender bias.

The fact is that productivity does not depend on gender nor on age . It is a function of individual ability. Management is a duty that can be carried out effectively by anyone provided that the person on question has what it takes .

As predicted, men emerged as leaders more often than women. But that gap varied depending on the length of interaction and other factors. The data suggest that men were more likely overall to be chosen or rated as leaders, in part because they had more assertive personalities and thus spoke up more.

Both male and females manager are both productive in as much as their have the quality to be a manager in them , and it depends on the company policy, if to have a female or male manager would be profitable with them .

Is not by gender if you are a man or a woman and you love your work or you have passion for it then you can do well as a manger in any company

It depends on the individual, but both of them are actually perform very good, I think it will not based on gender but is based on qualification of individual, both of them are more productive.

I do not think productivity and the efficiency of a business or management of the business depends on the gender of the manager but on the qualities the manager possesses ,either male or female. Productivity is based on how qualified the manager is.

Gender does not have anything to do in being a manager, It's depends on the ability of an individual to manage or lead a company, I have worked in different companies and believe me, both gender are really fantastic to work with as a manager.

When it comes to the workplace, what role does gender play in productivity, hours worked, and communication styles? Some studies in this area rely on self reported data that leaves room for inaccuracle .

Men make good manager as well as women. But men tend to have an edge over women when it comes to emotional intelligence which makes most women to be more of a reactive leader than a proactive leader. This is because most women/female managers are emotional which make them to reactive to situations, making subjective decisions in an organization. They allow their emotions to cloud their judgement. most male managers on the other hand are not as emotional as women which make them analyse situations in an organization before making decisions...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds