Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Possible to start your own search engine?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?

Advertisement Placeholder
You can do but I am worried about success as it takes time and hard work to do and as you know Google is still dominate in the industry means it is very hard to run your one search engine.

It's not impossible at all.

The point is, if you have some good algorithm in extracting results, then you can make it work. Or else, you need to have some unique features. Only then, you can make that search engine popular. Or else it wouldn't work.

At this point, I wouldn't suggest a new search engine unless you got a new working algorithm that can extract better results than the existing search engines.

Ofcourse it is very possible to start a search engine , however you need to devise a strategy that will fight off strong competitors like Google and duckgo

You need to create a better search engine which will draw users from different part of the world. Like for example you can make a search engine which you can get point which can be converted to cash maybe at the end of a month or two..and you also need good software toola

I don't think it's very difficult to make one, so it's very difficult to compete with the ones on the market. There are too many top search engines ... in my opinion.

It won't be difficult starting your own search engine but while it would be nice if you have an idea all planed out, I worry more about the success rate as it takes a lot of time to convince people to leave the likes of google

Starting a search engine sure won't gonna be difficult but keeping up with the competition ahead. Google has monopolized all spheres with it's extensive reach. Coming behind is Bing.

Starting a search engine sure won't gonna be difficult but keeping up with the competition ahead. Google has monopolized all spheres with it's extensive reach. Coming behind is Bing.
Yes and they make it as a brand so people now a days don't say search xxxx but always says Google it. Even Yahoo is not able to compete despite of oldest search engine.

It actually pretty possible as google provides the API if you're ready to pay for it , however , they won't provide the whole thing so you'd need to collect more information yourself and lets say we're quite late to the party

I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?
Of course is very possible if you have the technical knowledge you know how to turn it off but where the problem comes in is the marketing and advertising on how to dominate the market
[automerge]1606671643[/automerge]
Of course is very possible if you have the technical knowledge you know how to turn it off but where the problem comes in is the marketing and advertising on how to dominate the market

If you have the technical resources to start your own search engine Business you can start it but I just don't think you can compete with the likes of Google and bing. They are the giant in the Industry and they it will be hard to bring them down

It won't be a bad idea to start one's search engine if there are required resources available and an organised means of introduction to the global world

It's not difficult to start a search engine but to give it success and to get interested traffic is difficult and time taken job. You need to work hard to get success . It's not an easy work to continue.

If you have the knowledge and skills, you can create your own search engine. However, the question is who is going to use your search engine apart from your dad, mom, or girlfriend?

It's pretty easy, a proof of that are the websites that are meant for prices comparison, that's what search engines are supposed to do, gets you results from various websites on internet

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Although it will require a lot of hardwork your newly designed search engine should have the ability to narrow down working and usuable answers to a minimum... this and other features like fast response, virtual assistance can make you compete with the search engine giants

It is very possible to start such ambition of starting your own search engine. But you need to be a web and software developer. Those kind of task is meant for webmasters to execute. It gonna cost you huge sum of money too, to start your own search engine.

To create a Programmable Search Engine: Sign into Control Panel using your Google Account (get an account if you don't have one). In the Sites to search section, add the pages you want to include in your search engine. You can include any sites you want, not just the sites you own

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds