Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion phpBB2

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Recently I converted a forum from Jcink to phpBB2 so I can eventually move to a modern script. My god I never realized how primitive forum software was back then! I was only a member on one phpBB2 forum and that was TitansGo.net. Looking at the ACP it's amazing to see just how different phpBB2 is to phpBB3. They really added a bunch of additional features. The last release of phpBB2 was in 2008 but unsurprisingly there's still people who use the software, so there was a modification to get it running with php 7x. The folks over at phpbb2 refugees are die hard fans of the older software. It's interesting to see there's still sites using this outdated software, makes me wonder if they just never had the time/energy to upgrade to phpBB3 or just never had the resources to get the newer software up and running. Did you ever own a forum that used phpBB2?

I would more happily participate on a phpBB 2 forum than I would on most modern software. I think it got nearly everything right: clear layout, no annoying frills, fast, pretty.

One of the first forums I ever joined as a phpBB 2 forum so it has a very special place in my heart. :)

I've never used phpBB2 for an active forum, but I did use it briefly when I was converting my site from Jcink back to SMF. I liked the simplicity of it, to be honest, and kind of wish I had a forum to use it.

I've never used phpBB2 for an active forum, but I did use it briefly when I was converting my site from Jcink back to SMF. I liked the simplicity of it, to be honest, and kind of wish I had a forum to use it.
Funny enough I seen your username pop up when I ran into an issue converting Mighty No. 9 Universe lol. (I got it resolved though.) It's certainly easy to use, in fact it seemed a bit easier than phpBB3 in some cases.

I still have phpbb2 forums for my forum hosting never upgraded. Kind of like it in a way a lot simpler code wise.

I used it a couple of times and enjoyed it.

I also used a modified version which was called Icy Phoenix which was a CMS software with phpBB2 as the forum base.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest