Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

People Who Buy Views

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
Okay, so I know a few places who are obviously paying for their views. I'm friends with one of the sites owners, and I can't help but kinda look down on the fact that he is buying views. So, my question for you all is: Do you look down on people who buy views for their website?

Advertisement Placeholder
Okay, so I know a few places who are obviously paying for their views. I'm friends with one of the sites owners, and I can't help but kinda look down on the fact that he is buying views. So, my question for you all is: Do you look down on people who buy views for their website?

I don't look down upon them. The only benefit I can see of buying views is if you 1. Want to engage in Click Fraud. 2. Want to sell your site....

I don't look down upon them. The only benefit I can see of buying views is if you 1. Want to engage in Click Fraud. 2. Want to sell your site....

Well, the people I know engaged in this activity are using paid views to sell ads on their site. In a way, I feel that they are scamming people...

Well, the people I know engaged in this activity are using paid views to sell ads on their site. In a way, I feel that they are scamming people...

I suppose people should always be wary of large amounts of traffic - they should ask to see traffic sources to confirm its legitimacy..... :)

These days people who buy views usually buy them because they are running PPD links on their site and generating views on those links will allow them to run another program that earns them money for downloading those links.

These days people who buy views usually buy them because they are running PPD links on their site and generating views on those links will allow them to run another program that earns them money for downloading those links.

I can't think that to be very profitable. 1000 downloads nets you around $40-$50. That's a huge amount of downloading they'd have to do via a server or vps... They'd need a massive proxy list as well.

Not if you use some of the newer PPD companies that offer $1+ per download. I've made up to $7 for one download before. It's actually really profitable.

Not really it gets your site out there if they view it and like it could go viral if the right person views.

I have bought views before, views are a great thing to invest in as it ranks you up in alexa, and helps your seo overal. It's an investment, so it's not something you do for the looks, it's used to help bring in real traffic over time. I own a view generator myself that brings traffic to my site, or any site I wish and I can tell you from experience a simple 1k views can lower your alexa rating significantly.

I have bought views before, views are a great thing to invest in as it ranks you up in alexa, and helps your seo overal. It's an investment, so it's not something you do for the looks, it's used to help bring in real traffic over time. I own a view generator myself that brings traffic to my site, or any site I wish and I can tell you from experience a simple 1k views can lower your alexa rating significantly.

Not true at all unless those users have the alexa toolbar. The only way your alexa ranking goes down is if the site gets views from people who are using their toolbar. Which is why a lot of people actively fight that alexa is highly unaccurate. Which it is.

You are able to purchase alexa views but they usually cost a lot more then just normal website traffic.

It is profitable. Lets say they're doing it because they're linking to PPD files. What they'll do is they'll buy the views and when there is a decent amount of views they'll download the files themselves or ask other people(friends, etc.) to do it. With more views the downloads look legitimate.

Not if you use some of the newer PPD companies that offer $1+ per download. I've made up to $7 for one download before. It's actually really profitable.

Aren't those mainly survey downloads like Sharecash.org? It would basically mean you couldn't automate the whole process...

Yes, basically like ShareCash, but you are able to automate the process. You just need to have the right tools and know how to use them.

I see nothing wrong with buying traffic.

If someone has extra money to buy traffic, he/she has every right to do it.

Buying traffic can actually increase your Alexa ranking.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds