Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Do you ever find yourself browsing the directories of different free forum hosts?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
I've been randomly browsing the Forumotion and Proboards directories the past hour or so. I'm not sure why I go down these rabbit holes at times and look at forums where most of them have been long abandoned years ago. Some have a bit of activity still, I actually came across three Sonic forums that are relatively new. I'm browsing a very interesting forum that goes into great detail on how the owner views life, religion and his posts are full of scientific jargon about how life is created scientifically yet he believes in God too. It's interesting to see these random forums and it makes you wonder how all these people are doing now. (Or at least the people who abandoned their old forums...) If you're interested in browsing the religious forum it's this one here:

Ha yeah! @Reverie and I do them ever so often to find forums we can network on. Although it's been a while since we've done that. Nonetheless, I used to do it with no particular reason, just some healthy interest I suppose. See what's still online, how those forums fare and see if I can find some inspiration for features, topics, anything really.

yes yes I do, and I don't know why. (help me)

Who wants to guess on the % of sites that close within 3 months of posting a link on a forum letting people know you have just started a forum? (forum showcase...)

Id say like 85%. . .

I enjoy looking at the directories to see what is currently of an interest, but also to see any active communities. I used to enjoy joining fresh communities and getting to know different people that were outside of our "snowglobe" or the people commonly found at the same forums.

I don't browse directories much anymore. I keep in check with the Jcink directory my friend built just because I help moderate it. He made it so that boards that go offline are no longer listed in the directory, but that still doesn't mean you'll find non-dead boards in there.

I used to browse the ZetaBoards directory consistently and most of the forums in there were dead.

I'm pretty comfortable with the current boards I'm on and don't really seek out new forums to join.

I may have written tools to scrape the RP world, follow affiliates and find connections to see how big the RP world is.

Quite revealing how busy - or not - the free forum hosts actually are.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds