Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does domain age matter in SEO?

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits

Surprisingly, it doesn't. In fact, as the article states, domain age is simply taken into account so an engine can filter out spam, seeing new domains as possible spam, in certain situations. Anyway, myself, I don't see registering a new domain as anything bad, however, of course, it's obvious new domains are not going to rank as quick as ones that are a few years old in an ideal situation.

O.K., what views did you hold about domain age? Did you believe now or in the past that domain age was a good thing? Why did you believe that? Did you buy domains and factor in the domain age as a big thing? Note: it is true that people were paying more for older domains. Were they being deceived?

Domain age matters a lot in SEO as Google consider them more reliable than the newer ones. Older domains usually considered well established because spammers register new websites for short term benefits and drop them quickly. However, it's not happening all the time because you can beat them for certain keywords/posts.

In my opinion, I don't think domain age is everything, but as @Empire noted, it's a way of judging spam, but a lot of powerhouse domains are not old ones. In fact, they have to show search engines they aren't spam, aside from being old and, in my case, I'd rather go that route. In fact, I've seen newer domains get big in one or two years, considering a lot of development was put into them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest