Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

People needed for a small scale business

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people are needed for a small scale business, according to you?
Do you feel that the type of business also matters when recruiting people?
I have seen a business running successfully with four people. They usually try to get everything done efficiently. If it's some shop management, a single person can do that as well.

Anyway, do you feel like at least 2 folks are needed for a business?
Hello, as you say it depends on the type of business, personally I think that to start a business of any kind you need two people.

Advertisement Placeholder
This depends on the type of business and the level of patronage. As the business scales and improves, you might need one or two persons to support you. Anything above five people is no longer a small scale business but a medium scale business. In my country, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are the driving force behind a country's economy. The more they thrive, more people are lifted from poverty.

Yh it depends on how the scale of the business you manage maybe you manage a big scale that when you hire a lot of workers.
But right now we are talking about small scale I think it should not be much than 4-5 people in the business

As the name implies "small scale business",it doesn't require much employees else all the funds will go for staff salaries. It can be managed by a single person depending on the kind of small scale business. As i always say in business, small scale can become large scale in no time,as long as their is willingness and passion for the business.

People needed for small scale business are the enterpreneur the reason why I said is the is because small scale business is more on less like one man business ,sole proprietor is not like partnership

When starting a small scale like a small grocery store my take on the staff is just 1 that is if the owner will be managing the store - he handles the money of sales and he is in charge of purchases. When the customers are growing in number you will notice if the 1 staff is getting overloaded by work. That is the time to hire a 2nd staff. Some other businesses cannot do away with staff if the operation needs people like retailing of office products where the staff will do the delivery and will also take the orders.

The nature of business is just the key factor that determines the number of people to be employed and most times it could even be base on hourly basis especially when you are just growing the business.
You are making point, the nature of business will determine the number of people to be hire to run the business, there are many small scale business that can not running by a single person. For example, food selling require more than one person.

According to my own point of view, l don't believe much people are needed for small-scale business. small-scale business is meant for one person alone or if the person is too busy he might employ one other person to assist him when he is out

Operations manager. ...
Quality control, safety, environmental manager. ...
Accountant, bookkeeper, controller. ...
Office manager. ...
Receptionist. ...
Foreperson, supervisor, lead person. ...
Marketing manager. ...
Purchasing manager.

When it come to small-scale business different professionals and people have different definition of what a small-scale business entails. Some professional bodies says that it's a business that has upto like 20 employees others says higher like 30, 40 or 50 employees. So a small scale business is subjective and in my own opinion a small-scale business shouldn't have more than 10 employees.

Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Businesses are defined as "small" in terms of being able to apply for government support and qualify for preferential tax policy varies depending on the country and industry. Small businesses range from fifteen employees .

Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Businesses are defined as "small" in terms of being able to apply for government support and qualify for preferential tax policy varies depending on the country and industry. Small businesses range from fifteen employees .
This a good definition for some businesses and it is this definition that even government uses to approve grants to businesses when they for it. Any business with staff members above fifteen to 25 or 30 will be termed medium businesses.

How many people are needed for a small scale business, according to you?
Do you feel that the type of business also matters when recruiting people?
I have seen a business running successfully with four people. They usually try to get everything done efficiently. If it's some shop management, a single person can do that as well.

Anyway, do you feel like at least 2 folks are needed for a business?
Maybe just if they already the flow of the business or they give their best to cooperate in each always procedure on how the implementation of the business, even just 2 of it can finish the necessity of the business to start running it, this is only my conclusion.

The start up capital will determine the mode of operations of the enterprise and the mode will determine the number of staff to be engaged. There are some small scale business that has just two employees and they always meet there target.

Since a tree cannot make a forest 34 no matter how small is a business it will still need people to do the work because the only day businessman cannot be up and doing in the running of business in day-to-day basis moreover section, so there must be people to perform the task

It also depends on the business you have and what you have to do in that business, I recommend 4-5 people, after the business grows you put more people in that business and you will have a very good profit, but with time ;)

Since it's small scale the number of employees you will employ will be few, the profit you make will determine how many employees you can afford to pay
yes number of people want to start small business like groceries General store burger points because they have no much experience about the big business so some people want to run their house expenditure therefore he start small business some people want to start small business as to get experience

The number of workers needed for any particular business will largely depend on the business type. No matter how we choose to classify the business as small or large business. However for a small business little amount of workers are needed to effectively run such.

Even for a shop management you need atleast 2 people. Like that the work burden will be divided in 2. If you can't afford to hire a second person then ofcourse you have to deal with everything regarding that business by your own. But it all depends on what kind of business you're talking about .

Almost all small businesses start out as one-man bands.

While one day a founder might be taking care of CFO responsibilities, like figuring out how to allot company funds and obtain outside financing, the next day he or she might be hitting the phones and cold-calling for sales leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds