Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🌐 Domain Insights peace.com sold for 400k USD

For discussions focused on choosing, using, and managing domain names.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
According to tldinvestors.com peace.com was recently sold for 400,000 USD. That's crazy. Never thought 4-5 character domains could go for that amount of money.

What's the highest domain sale you've seen?

Last edited:
How much did anti-Christ Elon pay for x.com?
A lot more close to a million, but given that's a one character domain, it's worth a lot more than a 5 character domain.

Meaning trumps numbers if the human factor is any guide. That almost seems low for a word as loaded as 'peace'...

A lot more close to a million, but given that's a one character domain, it's worth a lot more than a 5 character domain.
Figured it would’ve been more than that. Still crazy but that’s pocket change to him :p

I wonder how much chaos.com would sale for? :p Though this is the first domain name I've seen bring in that much money, but to be fair I never really pay much attention to how much a domain name like this one sold for. I wonder what's going to be done with this domain name...

-insert wow response-

That's crazy. I always wonder what the intentions are with certain domains... do they just plan to keep it to try and sell it again later?

-insert wow response-

That's crazy. I always wonder what the intentions are with certain domains... do they just plan to keep it to try and sell it again later?
If you're a domain investor, there's no way you'd pay 400k for a domain. Unless you know it's worth a million or so. But I think the people paying the real huge amounts like 100k and upwards are people who want it to brand it out, make their company around it.

Clearly whoever bought it thinks it's worth that much in terms of branding and footfall, they've not spent that much money to flip it - because anyone that could be interested in it would have bought it at the time rather than it being flipped.

This is, sadly, one of the few times I actually liked WHOIS data being public because I'd love to know who actually bought it and what they might do with it having done so.

Oh I dunno, I can think of a few people who'd pay handsomely for peace - only to ensure it goes off the market.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor