Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

PC sale or repair business

Sariana23

Captain Junkie
Credits
At present in my country, perhaps the same in the whole world, the sales of computers have decreased due to their high cost. The vast majority of people choose to repair the PC and upgrade it, because the cost is less than buying a new one. My cousin is suggesting that she start a sales business, but I'm trying to convince her that repair and repower is more profitable. Which of the two options is better?

Advertisement Placeholder
I will say both are profitable here in my country. You can sale new or fairly used computer and still make your money. Same goes to repair and repower type too. I prefer buying new PC cos i love enjoying new things, cos it will last longer.

Sure ,in my case I also want a new computer, I only think of a negotiation option. As you describe in the post, both options are profitable in your country, Nigeria. I keep looking for options to see which of the two businesses is better to invest in and which has the best opportunity to generate income quickly.

At present in my country, perhaps the same in the whole world, the sales of computers have decreased due to their high cost. The vast majority of people choose to repair the PC and upgrade it, because the cost is less than buying a new one. My cousin is suggesting that she start a sales business, but I'm trying to convince her that repair and repower is more profitable. Which of the two options is better?
I think if you can manage both you can try them out. Computer accessories and sales will give you a lot of money, but repairs can also give you an extra income.

It will be very good to set up your shop or work station closer to the place where people come to buy computer system and accessories. They will always need engineers who can repair some of the computer system.

The most profitable amongst the both is computer repairs but she needs to acquire adequate knowledge on the repairs of computer system in other to profit from it.

Both PC sale and repair business are profitable business in my country , most especially PC repair business , they don't normally have a competitor bevause PC repairerare scarce.

I think if you can manage both you can try them out. Computer accessories and sales will give you a lot of money, but repairs can also give you an extra income.
It is true what you describe, if there is the economic possibility of setting up a mixed business, the benefits will increase but also the investment, that is why I look for the best option where the investment is lower. Although if you have a sales business, you can hire a technician to do the eventual repairs and so you can get additional income.
It will be very good to set up your shop or work station closer to the place where people come to buy computer system and accessories. They will always need engineers who can repair some of the computer system.
I also like your publication and I agree, it can be a business of repairing the computer system, and I know that many for lack of knowledge seek and pay for the services.
The most profitable amongst the both is computer repairs but she needs to acquire adequate knowledge on the repairs of computer system in other to profit from it.
I think that in a way you are right, because with the economic situation, many prefer to send to repair the pc, rather than buy a new one. Since these equipments are extremely expensive and to obtain the capital to acquire one, it is not easy.

Both PC sale and repair business are profitable business in my country , most especially PC repair business , they don't normally have a competitor bevause PC repairerare scarce.
Something of importance is that, the shortage of people with knowledge to repair a pc, which makes it profitable and beneficial for customers. And best of all, as you describe, competition is scarce in my country as well.

The most profitable business between computer sales and repair is computer repair business, normally you gain more money from computer sales but you gain even better money from computer repair sales because there's no much competition in computer repairing business.

I dont really know the capital strength of your cousin,i would advice to do both. You can start up with the computer sales, then off services that helps people repair their old pc. I even know of some persons who offer services that you can exchange your old laptop for a new one, with a little price on top, but they dont do it for all laptops though, just the ones that are not too old. You can exchange your old one with a new one with some amount on top. You can make more research on this.

Seriously, the business advice that I'm going to make very clear to you is that it's very important that you have a detailed market research carried in order to know the best one to choose.

The most profitable business between computer sales and repair is computer repair business, normally you gain more money from computer sales but you gain even better money from computer repair sales because there's no much competition in computer repairing business.
you really have a point here,Computer sales won't come as often as computer repairs due to the inflation in the world wide economy and the one with constant patronage attracts more income.

You can still combine the two @Sariana23 and drive profit from each of them. Their are customers that are mainly for both services and you can attend to them and make extra bucks.

Seriously, the business advice that I'm going to make very clear to you is that it's very important that you have a detailed market research carried in order to know the best one to choose.
Yes, you are absolutely right and I appreciate your advice, this type of business must have the right location and professional staff, either for sales or repair. In addition to the investment that I suppose will be high and the necessary contacts to acquire the materials to be used.

Just like you suggested the art of maintainance is very valuable.The period we are in does not call for someone to be disgarding things like that,so the repaires of gadgets is a way to cut cost,this is as a result of the global trends.settling for maintainance is the option for now,except in some instance where you really need a new system.

The resources available at your disposal and your areas of expertise will determine which one to go for. Selling computer is capital intensive considering the prices of laptops while computer repairs is very simple to establish and requires less capital.

The resources available at your disposal and your areas of expertise will determine which one to go for. Selling computer is capital intensive considering the prices of laptops while computer repairs is very simple to establish and requires less capital.
It is very true that computer system sales is a capital intensive business. I think you can start by repairing system along the line I can gradually save money too venture into computer sales.

Just like you suggested the art of maintainance is very valuable.The period we are in does not call for someone to be disgarding things like that,so the repaires of gadgets is a way to cut cost,this is as a result of the global trends.settling for maintainance is the option for now,except in some instance where you really need a new system.
You are absolutely right, in these times the vast majority of people try to take care and keep these electronic devices up to date, since buying a new one, for many is inaccessible and in others it is a great sacrifice.
As you describe @Setfragil, it is also important to take into account the capital, because with the sales today you need a large capital. So considering this, the option to choose is the repair and maintenance of computers.

PC repair system sells faster than pc sales. A lot of people are not buying new pc this days just because of high cost of dollar after conversion to different currency. They rather repair the one at hand and be managing it

PC repair system sells faster than pc sales. A lot of people are not buying new pc this days just because of high cost of dollar after conversion to different currency. They rather repair the one at hand and be managing it
Yes, it is definitely better to repair, because when the dollar is changed to fiat currency, the prices are exorbitant. Although expenses are also incurred in the repair, there is no point of comparison.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds