Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Parasite SEO

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits

This sort of thing is understandable. I mean, why not piggyback off of higher authority sites to gain traction? Is that truly unethical? Well, what might be other ways to go about it? Are those ways unreasonably too hard or is it just people being lazy? Have you tried some of the SEO tactics derided in the title of this thread? What results did it do? Would you consider doing so? What are some pros and cons of so called "parasite SEO"? Anyway, putting in my two cents, I see everything as being parasite in nature. I mean, obviously we parasite other people so to get work, so we can survive. Is that wrong? :oops:

I mean, obviously we parasite other people so to get work
That's an interesting definition.

I don't. People come to me because they want to exchange their money for my building something for them, fair exchange, no parasitical nature involved.

That's an interesting definition.

I don't. People come to me because they want to exchange their money for my building something for them, fair exchange, no parasitical nature involved.
In that case, what is wrong with parasite SEO, in your opinion? How is it parasitic?

Parasitic SEO is, obviously, parasitic. That's the point. Your assertion was that we're all parasitic by nature, which we are not.

Google has placed itself in a very scary place whereby it is effectively the sole arbitor of whether your business lives or dies. By nature this means doing a deal with the devil one way or another for a leg up. In that respect, potentially, yes, if you're engaged in SEO you might have to play parasite occasionally unless you have some other channels for reaching new clients.

Parasitic SEO is, obviously, parasitic. That's the point. Your assertion was that we're all parasitic by nature, which we are not.

Google has placed itself in a very scary place whereby it is effectively the sole arbitor of whether your business lives or dies. By nature this means doing a deal with the devil one way or another for a leg up. In that respect, potentially, yes, if you're engaged in SEO you might have to play parasite occasionally unless you have some other channels for reaching new clients.
One solution exists, ha ha. Don't use SEO. :sneaky: Who even would say SEO makes or breaks an industry when so many other forms of traffic exist, especially social media?

Just doing a different deal with a different devil. "Pick me, pick me!"

Just doing a different deal with a different devil. "Pick me, pick me!"
I don't like SEO cause you have to adhere to unreasonable rules. Well, with a forum, I can't police everyone to do the right thing. I've seen that before on a forum and it's silly.

That's the price you pay of engaging with the search engines, and note that forum content has been downranked for a while in general.

One of the most underrated parasite SEO is LinkedIn Article posting, that's what I was told anyway, I never really did anything like that myself, not even on a single page.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest