Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Palworld

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Is anyone else playing Palworld? It's Pokemon but with guns basically! It's already the highest selling game on Steam, and it's also on Game Pass too if you own a Xbox console. I've been playing it, I'm only at level 7 and I'm still working on the tutorial. :V I managed to catch a large Lamball, it's the game's equivalent to shiny Pokemon. I probably won't play multiplayer for a while until I get used to the game mechanics, I don't really play many survival games. Though recently a few people noticed that the models of some Pals are mash ups of a few different Pokemon models, makes me wonder if Nintendo is going to go after Pocket Pair in the future. (But perhaps they can't since the Pal designs aren't 100% a carbon copy...) https://www.videogameschronicle.com...agiarism-accusations-pile-up-as-ceo-responds/

I've been playing on Gamepass for PC using the Xbox app and it's been great so far. I think I'm around level 12-13 considering I haven't had too much time to play but it's been fun. I hope it'll kick Nintendo/Gamefreak in the behind so they won't continue releasing mediocre/incomplete games that have FPS drops and lag the entire time you play.

Crazy how popular it is in short time. But what would you expect ? This is what we, Pokémon fans, have been asking for for ages. This is was Arceus should've been. This is what we need on Pokémon.

GameFreak and Nintendo is probably furious. But hopefully now they see the right direction to go for.

I haven't bought it yet, but will most likely do so. Palworld already has a Pokémon mod though. :LOL:

Pokémon is *literally* the highest grossing entertainment franchise in the world, mostly in merch, but the games have done pretty respectably too.

Pokemon has taken in more money than the entirety of Star Wars and the entire MCU.

In fact it’s taken in more money as a franchise than the entirety of Star Wars and the MCU *combined*.

Why would they change the formula now, when it’s clearly been working for them?

Two hours later….

I understand why this game is popular. I’m hooked. See you all in a couple of weeks…

In all seriousness, I’m having fun. But it’s complicated lol.

Two hours later….

I understand why this game is popular. I’m hooked. See you all in a couple of weeks…

In all seriousness, I’m having fun. But it’s complicated lol.
Bro I haven't been hooked on a game like this in a while lol. I'm not gonna lie I still love Pokemon and actually did enjoy Scarlet/Violet but I haven't bothered with the DLC yet. I can't wait for the weekend so I can play longer without worrying about staying up too late.

Bro I haven't been hooked on a game like this in a while lol. I'm not gonna lie I still love Pokemon and actually did enjoy Scarlet/Violet but I haven't bothered with the DLC yet. I can't wait for the weekend so I can play longer without worrying about staying up too late.
I share your opinion mate. We need to play together!

Just found out they sold 8 million copies. Also, Pokémon company is starting an intern investigation whether they should sue or not.

Sue for what?

Game mechanics aren’t copyrightable. (Patentable, but Nintendo already missed that boat. So nothing of Pokémon or Breath of the Wild, both apparently influences according to the armchair lawyers, would be on the table mechanically.)

Now, if any of the *actual* Pokémon was present, whether directly ripped or recreated manually, that might be a thing. Or any close enough to not be “legally distinct” but that’s tougher to argue because you start getting into “but is it parody, is it homage, something something transformative use”.

Nintendo is famously litigious about such things, so the fact they’re considering it is no surprise. The debate will be whether they would win (best guess from what I’ve seen 60/40 to lose) or whether they should win (no)

Sue for what?

Game mechanics aren’t copyrightable. (Patentable, but Nintendo already missed that boat. So nothing of Pokémon or Breath of the Wild, both apparently influences according to the armchair lawyers, would be on the table mechanically.)

Now, if any of the *actual* Pokémon was present, whether directly ripped or recreated manually, that might be a thing. Or any close enough to not be “legally distinct” but that’s tougher to argue because you start getting into “but is it parody, is it homage, something something transformative use”.

Nintendo is famously litigious about such things, so the fact they’re considering it is no surprise. The debate will be whether they would win (best guess from what I’ve seen 60/40 to lose) or whether they should win (no)
Someone over on Twitter claims that a few Pal models are using a mix of different models from Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. I mean they do look pretty dang similar, and if they did steal assets from Scarlet/Violet then Nintendo isn't going to let them get away with that.

Theft is theft, let 'em rip.

But similar doesn't mean same - and it's entirely possible that they're not ripped and just look accidentally similar.

Armchair lawyers gonna armchair.

We need a palworld forum, lol. The official ones are dead. The only thing active is reddit but that’s not what I’m after.

Am meh about it. I don't like or dislike the game. I just don't care for the genre or online only games.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor