Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

☁️ Hosting Solutions One Dollar Hosting

Topics related to web hosting services, including shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I have seen a lot of web hosting companies that are offering basic web hosting packages for as low as $1 per month. They charge just $1 per month, for an advance payment of 12 months. They tend to have higher renewal charges but the first year hosting is just $12. Has anyone used any of these web hosting services? Do they provide quality hosting services? I mean do they have good support and uptime?

It's a predatory introductory offer - chances are there are better places out there that don't feel compelled to lure you in with deep discounts for the first year.

There have been cases in the past where hosts that do this then lock in and "own" your domain.. you want to move.. fine.. but your domain won't go with you.

Well, one thousand subscribers is $1000 a month, but I don't think.most.people value low price over the belief more money must mean higher quality.

However, though, free hosting can fill up quick if the owner can market well (opinion).

The old saying still applies.. you get what you pay for.
Or as John Ruskin said around 150 years ago... "It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little".
Or the proverb that "cheap is expensive".
There is a reason that there are so many of these type sayings.

The old saying still applies.. you get what you pay for.
Or as John Ruskin said around 150 years ago... "It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little".
Or the proverb that "cheap is expensive".
There is a reason that there are so many of these type sayings.
One dollar hosting is probably not bad usually, but it would be tough to sell I think

One dollar hosting is probably not bad usually, but it would be tough to sell I think
Think about it honestly... you can't even get a decent drink now for a dollar. So how "good" do you think that hosting is going to be - if that's a constant price.
Now, if it's a bait and switch price... you still get what you pay for.

I never used them, At the time I didn't need to and why would I use them over any other companies I mean they are cheap and don't offer what most people want as a host. Good plus to upload a basic site that people want to able to do that doesn't need much.

I have not seen many that offer that price point, I mean not the plus that I'm using thought.

A big problem is one dollar hosting may not be around later so look at the history, the owners, and the reviews.

It's a predatory introductory offer - chances are there are better places out there that don't feel compelled to lure you in with deep discounts for the first year.
That’s not necessarily true, hosting is a competitive space and there’s little reason to use “lesser known” companies who in cases have been providing quality hosting for well over 10 years except for initial promos. Can’t make repeate customers or an insane amount of money wasting resources on cheap one year hosting deals if you’re not retaining customers after that year at prices similar to the big companies. This isn’t always the case of course but a cheap year intro price isn’t alone a red flag imo.

Think about it honestly... you can't even get a decent drink now for a dollar. So how "good" do you think that hosting is going to be - if that's a constant price.
Now, if it's a bait and switch price... you still get what you pay for.
I doubt if one dollar hosting is bad. I mean, for most people, a decent shared account is good enough and probably most or nearly all mom and pop providers can do it.

However, as I said, they can go down. In fact, one went down on me. Well, it wasn't for a dollar, but it was a mom and pop.

I think usually these prices are introductory ones and then you pay full after the first year. That was the case with Ionos when I signed up with them last year, it was $6 for the first year and now I pay over $100 yearly for my service. It's a good service though, so I don't mind paying that every year.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor