Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Offline Promotion

SDL

Renowned member
Credits
Has anyone ever tried offline promotion for their forum? If so, was it successful?

I've never tried it to promote a forum before so I'm wondering if it's worth the time & money. As my forum will be about writing/reading stories, I was thinking of paying for a stall at big book fairs around the country and promoting the forum that way. However if it's been proven to be unsuccessful for others, I might not bother.

I've never done it, though it seems like it might be a good idea to give it a shot. I've seen bumper stickers of a website that someone stuck on light posts outside my local Pizza Hut. It certainly got me interested to see what the website was about.

I thought about getting some stickers printed, but it does look like an expensive option. Then again, my spending on advertising online is probably more and hasn't had great success. At least a weatherproof sticker on a lamp-post will last a few years! :cool:

I thought about getting some stickers printed, but it does look like an expensive option. Then again, my spending on advertising online is probably more and hasn't had great success. At least a weatherproof sticker on a lamp-post will last a few years! :cool:
if I were you, I’d try contacting some cycling clubs and see if you could partner with them? You could maybe have a hidden section for individual cycling clubs in return or something.

if I were you, I’d try contacting some cycling clubs and see if you could partner with them? You could maybe have a hidden section for individual cycling clubs in return or something.
That's a really, really good idea. I know of quite a few locally so it's certainly worth a shot! Thanks! :):)

That's a really, really good idea. I know of quite a few locally so it's certainly worth a shot! Thanks! :):)
No problem, definitely worth asking! Once you have one cycling club signed up, the rest should follow!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor