Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Offline advertising methods

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Has anyone tried any offline advertising methods like buying local paper advertisements or placing advertisements in mall centers, banners, etc or anything else? What's your experience with it?

I think it is only useful for some niches.

If I put fliers up at my local bike shops for my cycling forum, it might generate members.

If I put one up somewhere for my admin forum, I don't think it would help.

If you have a local niche, it might be even more helpful.

I'll echo what Shawn said - it really depends on what the forum is as to whether offline advertising makes sense: you need to put the ad in front of people who might react because they're the target audience.

Forum for hill walking? Get it on the bulletin boards at the start of the trails. (Don't know if that's a thing in the US?)

Forum for local music scene? Get it on the ad flyers for the local bands.

etc. etc.

I think offline advertisement is good if you are selling products or any public service like insurance, banking etc.. Having not more ideas but i dont think that if i use advertisement board in any mall about online services like create website, promote website or promote your forums etc. then it can bring more customers or visitors .... doubt full for me

Never tried it, but then again my forums are usually always about helping those in need of specific forum software, so basically, if I were to try such a thing it would be advertising for the software itself more so than advertising my own board.

I think selling products is indeed one of the best things to advertise for. If I were to offer coding services, I could have banners set up somewhere of said coding services I offer.

I've made t-shirts in the past. I've had a t-shirt for my PSO server when I ran it back in 2011-2017, I was wearing it at college once and gained 3 new players from it. :D so t-shirts and stuff could definitely work.

I think stickers might work too.

Send stickers to active members who agree to put them on their cars or wherever people might see them.

That might help you get more members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor