Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

New business, Starting from nothing!

Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Credits
Wondering what's the best method and good steps to start a business that can be offline or online for any new incomer who has an idea or might already be working on it for some time now. Having that foot in the door and getting that traffic and high demand already.

It's hard when you start and then you have a dead business where people/traffic aren't there, spent $500 here and there for advertisement and still dead. Has anyone started a business and how did your first steps taken you too?

Advertisement Placeholder
Starting a business that will eventually be a success will depend on how determined and consistent you are in trying to push up your sales, meeting sales target and generally try to grow up your business in the best methods you can, having a plan without a strategy to achieve those plans will make those plans just a pipe dream.
An idea of a business will not do but you need to be well grounded in the business by means of research, experience and asking other people in similar business how they started and got to be so successful.

Here are some tips..
Use Direct statistical surveying, Statistical surveying will let you know whether there's an occasion to transform your thought into a fruitful business. It's a method to accumulate data about possible clients and organizations previously working in your general vicinity. Utilize that data to locate an upper hand for your business.
And also Compose your field-tested strategy , Your marketable strategy is the establishment of your business. It's a guide for how to structure, run, and develop your new business. You'll utilize it to persuade individuals that working with you — or putting resources into your organization — is a savvy decision.

I understand what you are talking about and many people face the same dilemma in their business, spending a lot of money on ads without getting customer. The problem is the methodology employed in running the business void. You need to look at the business holistically , check all the leaks. Hire professionals to write and campaign for you, people who are skilled in copywriting and ads conversion to run ads for you.

Wondering what's the best method and good steps to start a business that can be offline or online for any new incomer who has an idea or might already be working on it for some time now. Having that foot in the door and getting that traffic and high demand already.

It's hard when you start and then you have a dead business where people/traffic aren't there, spent $500 here and there for advertisement and still dead. Has anyone started a business and how did your first steps taken you too?
Well, you haven't specified the particular online business you wish to do.
If your business has to do with marketing a product or rendering a service, the first thing is to focus more on getting an online presence and then build a relationship with your followers.

To be honest, without knowing what business you do, it's hard to say. But based on my experience, when we first started our graphic design business, it was very, very difficult to get a foot in. Many doors were slammed in our faces. Requests for collaborations were dead in the water before they could even take off. Worse still, in my country, you need to know people in high places to get ahead. Connections often count more than merit, sadly.

So, we took to LinkedIn and started networking that way. Gradually, some of the companies we targetted started biting. We also set up a website to showcase our work and also educate people about good branding via the blog section. We now receive enquiries from abroad as well, which is nice because we don't have to lean so heavily on the tough local market. We didn't need much capital to set up because we had our Macs, software and skills.

Before trying to run ads again, I would advice that you check your business for faults.

Is it a type that other people have had success with, like affiliate marketing?

Or is it something you felt will be successful and you started it without testing for it's viability in the market?

If it's the first, then you need to get your ads better, by learning yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you.

If it's the second, then you may want to consider doing something else, because

Yes ,I started my art and craft related home-based business on small scale. I spent less than 10$ to buy some material related to art and craft ...My field is demanding so I didn't face problem to get interested buyers. After that,my business got success side by side.I re-invested my profit and earned more... And now I have successful business . Which is not only limited to my country but worldwide.
I have 3 Facebook pages,YouTube channel and Facebook group having more than 11k members.
This time I am not active because I want some changing so I stopped taking orders and I am here on this forum to learn new things. But soon I ll re-start my business.

Starting a business from little or nothing is quite challenging and rigorous. I once started selling bread on campus after I must have gotten if free from the from bakery. I would be given some few quantities at cheaper rate and asked to go sell at retail price. I made gains and later was able to establish my self in the long term.

When starting a new business, there is a need to be extremely careful because a single loss could make you feel bad and the motivation to try again would be lost. One key thing to do is to make sure you site your business in a location where your services are needed.

Well I understand where your coming from on this. I’ve been in this same show before. In 2018 while I was still into cosmetics it was very hard at the beginning. The only clients I had were my friends. There was a day when one of my friends came to me and told me she had an idea of what to do. First thing she told me was to understand my market and know my marketing chain. I highlighted them to her and we resulted into target marketing. I had sponsored ads on social media platforms but no luck. We devised a way to approach our potential clients. We approached salon owners and other beauty shops to help us advertise our goods while we give them some percentage of the profit. To my surprise it actually worked. All I’m saying is you should understand your market, highlight your distribution chain, know your potential clients and try target marketing

I'm currently running an offline gaming business. Where gamers come together to compete among themselves to share same passion of the game. When I started it, it wasn't easy for me then, because finance was a barrier. But now its growing and I'm making something tangible from it. It centres down that I consistently worked hard to achieve my target goal of setting my gaming shop up, no matter what.

I think before starting a business or running a business you have to think the kind of business you should start, then you have to look for a good location

I started my work which is graphics design and general printing from nothing. I mean when I started, I used to use my friend laptop to design, during the i was advertising my work on social media, and a small banner at front of my house, from the advert I was getting customers and I later tried to accumulate money which I used to bought a laptop and other necessary machine.
So, this mean that we can start from nothing to something with strategies and strive with ambition to achieve our goals.

A start up is one challenge that should not be taken lightly. I know of some who started a business that after a month or 2 it was closed due to varied reasons - lack of capital, bored with the operation, no customers, etc. Starting from nothing is not a good idea unless you have the support of financiers who will be investing on your business. It is like a fairy tale to read stories of billionaires who started from scratch. But I don't think all those stories are accurate.

The first step one must take when starting a business is, strategic planning and budgeting, you must be able to plan the way you want the business in terms of the total number of employees,your target revenue income for the year, meeting customers demands and also creating a convincing awareness to them

In such a situation, you definitely have to admit there's something wrong, the most common reason for this kind of situation is the fact that your Services are not needed in the location where your business is. This would mean relocating to somewhere else where your services are needed.

I think the first step you consider when starting a business is the capital and plans ,because many people have lost their capital on some certain business because they dont have a very good plan i think

Hmmmmmm, it is quite intriguing to seek for way-out on business issues. Talking from experience, after my youth corper years of serving my Father's land, i was able to raise little amount of money on my own, so I decided to embark on onion selling business. The produce was so cheap at the place i served compare to the state i was permanently living. So I went back home to introduce my self to the local traders around to verify the price in the market mix, then i now understand that doing the business will earn me huge amount of profit. That's how i began the business and it was a successful one.

It might not really be difficult to start business afresh as you think but what make it seems to be difficult is that you don't actually know the need and demand of your customers, to know the need and demand of customer you must produce high-quality products in any business area you are when you are starting a business newly as this can bring customers into your business

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds