Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Do you prefer to start from scratch or buy forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Ja sa bong

Credits
How did you start your journey as a forum owner? Did you start from the scratch by building the forum, launching it, getting membership, adding new contents and piloting the growth of the forum or do you prefer to buy an already existing forum from a webmaster who are into forum flipping business.

Which one works better for you?

I much prefer to start from scratch than buy a forum and have the huge job of making it my own.

I guess because when I have a certain idea and I want it to be just how the idea is in my head, starting from scratch allows me to feel as though I will accomplish that idea.

Always from scratch, I have unsuccessfully tried to buy a few forums to "save" them but didn't happen.. :(

Start from scratch. What I have done is, bought a few admin related forums this year, which I could’ve easily merged into AJ. And we’d have over 100.000 posts and thousands of members. But it didn’t feel right to do so.

I’m not saying it can’t happen, I just didn’t see much value in doing so. And on the other hand, makes me more proud knowing everything is genuine and not fake.

Starting from scratch. The only difference with my new forum is that I merged a database a friend gave me so it made stats grow a little quicker. But I started from a blank Xenforo forum.

I prefer to start my forums from scratch, it's more fun that way. I like setting things up myself and working on making the community the best it can be.

I've always started from scratch, but I did buy a forum once. It was lazyforum.xyz, I forgot the exact name, ha ha. It was a challenge moving cause I knew nothing about that stuff. Anyway, I may have sold it or it expired. I forgot again.

I never bought a site outright from anyone before, Never had and I do not even know if I'm going to go down that road Xd I end up buying or getting software and start from nothing and go up in years not months ;P

I like to get an database one day ;P but not in a rush and hard to look for what I really wanted at the end of the day

I always enjoyed the just getting started stage of a community! I have never bought another forum before and I don't see myself doing that unless I was an active participant and the current owner was considering shutting it down - I may take it over for a fair price, but even then I doubt that!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor