Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Must you have a degree before you can start a business?

Credits
Anyone can start a business whether they have a degree or not. Not all the people that have successful businesses today have a degree to their name, even though it can be an added advantage it is not really necessary. This is not meant to discourage schooling in any way, but is just the truth that you can start and operate a business successfully without having a school certificate. It is important but not necessary.

Advertisement Placeholder
having a degree do not determine the success of a business,a street business man can have alot of experience in business because of the practical experience he most have aquired more than a degree holder who knows the theory part.

That is true. You can start a business and make it successful without necessarily having a degree. It is an added advantage as there are a lot of skills that come with education. But you can also learn some skills without going to school.

No, one must not have a degree before one would be able to start a business. In my country, most business men or women do not have degrees, they decided at an early age that school wasn't meant for them and so they went into business instead.

Most of the successful business owners around us don't have degree when they start. You don't need a degree to start a business. This is not meant to downplay the importance of having. Degree is only an added advantage when you want to start a business.

Most of the successful business owners around us don't have degree when they start. You don't need a degree to start a business. This is not meant to downplay the importance of having. Degree is only an added advantage when you want to start a business.
That is true. At the same time, there are some business people who felt like they needed a degree maybe because of the expansion of their business and they will go on to get the degree.

Richard Branson does not have a college degree yet he built an empire of multi-billion dollars business. However, not all can do the same and college degree is necessary as you can build skills and knowledge only through a degree.

I have a degree but I have to say that the degree I have has not added anything to my current business. You don't need a degree to start a business. You need business skills and not a degree.

I have a degree but I have to say that the degree I have has not added anything to my current business. You don't need a degree to start a business. You need business skills and not a degree.
Maybe your degree is not relevant to your business, and that's why it has not added anything. A degree is not just a piece of paper it is also knowledge and skills.

There are actually various factors to consider though, the type of business can also determine if you need a degree on it or not. While there are persons who have started various businesses without having a degree, if you want your business to be given more respect, it would be best you have a degree as well.

Having a degree is not necessary because today we can learn and educate ourselves informally using internet and other sources especially when it comes to business.

Maybe your degree is not relevant to your business, and that's why it has not added anything. A degree is not just a piece of paper it is also knowledge and skills.
Entrepreneurship is all about creativity and the ability to solve problems. I don't think this attributes are imparted to people in college. It is either you personally develop yourself in these things or you don't have it. Degree or not.

Having a degree is not needed when starting a business.
I am even of the opinion that having a degree might not really be an added advantage to your business, except the degree is related to your business.
If you are ready to research and learn then you would have no problem starting a business.

While you can certainly start a business without a degree, earning a degree in which you can study and practice good analytical skills, marketing, managerial, and accounting skills can help you be better prepared in the long run.

It is very much possible that you can start a business without needing a degree, many people have done it in the past and have been successful. If you have a business plan that has potential and you can start it up I would go for it.

Having a degree might give you a better edge with a business being that you would have skills that you could make use of in your business that would give you something a little more compared to other businesses.

It is not compulsory to get a degree before you start business but it is necessary to have degree so that you will be able to acquire right knowledge for your business and be able to handle as a literate.

Entrepreneurship is all about creativity and the ability to solve problems. I don't think this attributes are imparted to people in college. It is either you personally develop yourself in these things or you don't have it. Degree or not.
You seem to have the wrong thoughts about education. How do you suppose to build knowledge and skills without going to college and university? Entrepreneurship is not just about soft skill, you also need hard skills

Well I think a degree certificate is not a guarantee for success in business and to some extent, it's not mandatory but it helps to have one.

There are alot og successful business men who have no degree certificate and they are doing very good in their business.

There are millions of people who have succeeded in businesses before without degrees. Managing a business is all about knowledge and not the kind of certificate you have.

You seem to have the wrong thoughts about education. How do you suppose to build knowledge and skills without going to college and university? Entrepreneurship is not just about soft skill, you also need hard skills
Let's take for example coding as a hard skill. You don't need to go to any college or university to learn how to code. Is it engineering skills that are learned on the streets? Universities in this our times are complete waste of time. I am a BSc holder.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds