Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Movie lengths

synpastel

Recognized member
Credits
The problem with so much modern cinema is just the fact that these movies are so long with relatively little story wise happening and/or just aren't that interesting to look at cinematically (even ignoring the whole CGI vs practical).

• 1995-2005 average movie time: 117 minute (a little under 2 hours)
  • 2005-2015 average movie length: 125 minutes (a little over 2 hours)
  • 2023-2024 average movie length: 143 minutes (nearly 2 and a half hours)

A lot of disney films during the 90s were about 90 minutes (a little less or a little more). There's so much not needed padding to movies now a days. I fully believe this is a huge reason why newer movies (really 2020 and onward) just aren't doing that well anymore, regardless if you watch it in theatres or streaming.

To be fair, animated movies and other films targeted towards children tend to be shorter than movies targeted towards adults. Children have a much smaller attention span and after a while they tend to get cranky and start throwing tantrums. Most of the films I've watched have only been around 2 hours and 30 minutes or so, I don't usually watch films like The Lord of the Rings. (I love fantasy but that series is just boring to me, I don't want to watch hours of footage of the characters just walking around.)

You've also got older movies such as Lawrence of Arabia and Ben-Hur that go on for between three and a half hours and four hours :eek:

And yet modern audiences complain about how slow older movies move…

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor