Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Motivating Employees

Motivating employees is good, but I do not think that you should praise them too much. You are their boss and if you praise them too much, then they might feel produ and they may not perform that well.

Advertisement Placeholder
What is the best way for a boss to motivate their employees? What are your suggestions on how to get motivation out of those who don't work that hard?
The best way to motivate employees who do not work as hard as others is by appraisal. An employer can give words of affirmation to such employees, i believe that will motivate them to do better and contribute to the overall productivity of the enterprise.

What is the best way for a boss to motivate their employees? What are your suggestions on how to get motivation out of those who don't work that hard?
One of the ways to motivate employees is to give them a good renumeration and also some severance package and bonuses whenever they perform very well on a task,this will spur them to always put in their best.

I feel there are numerous ways to motivate employees. For example, you can raise their compensation or give them a present to make them happy.

Appreciating his little effort will be the only best way to motivate employee. Don't try to scold him that will weaken and discourage him.

In order to motivate your employees, you need to appreciate the little efforts the have done or contributed so far. Employees need to be impressed atleast if not cheer them up financially, literaly will surely go a long way to help. Or one can make a little add up to their salary because there are some of the workers that might be hardworking but due to low payment they feel lazy, this makes them feel their work or effort is not worth the payment so they will surely develop the so call "laziness".

There are various ways, of motivating an employee most especially the mode of interaction between the employees and the employer. this can be either in the form of bonus on salary, promotion best on merit, and also a favourable working condition.

1. Gamify and Incentivize

Although we haven't implemented it yet, we're developing a feedback system that rewards employees for engaging with our wiki and for learning how to use our application via our training videos. We further reward performance based on meeting certain goals. A proven motivator for students and employees alike is earning a "badge" or points for committing to certain tasks.

2. Let Them Know You Trust Them
If you let them know you trust and depend on them, they will fill those shoes sooner than you think. A vote of confidence can go a long way. Let them know you trust them to do the best job possible and they will rarely disappoint you. Try it.

3. Set Smaller Weekly Goals

You want lofty ambitions, but set up smaller goals along the way to keep people in it. Rather than make a billion this year, focus on getting 100 new customers this week-something that will get you to that billion. Then reward the team for achieving the goal with an afternoon off, a party, etc. They will see that your goals are realistic and everyone benefits from working hard.
4. Give Your Employees Purpose

I am able to motivate my employees by giving them a purpose. When you accomplish that, they understand the vision better and are able to execute more strongly. In addition, by understanding their purpose and the purpose of the business, an employee is better able to understand how they fit into the big picture.

5. Radiate Positivity
I'm always pumping energy through the office. I'm really enthusiastic and want my staff to feed off that positive energy. Because culture is so important to me, I play music, have fun, joke around, and play games. We work hard, but we play hard too. You have to be in the moment and high-energy all the time! --Josh York,

6. Be Transparent
I am very open with employees about what's happening at the highest level so there are no surprises and everyone has a chance to ask questions and give feedback. I want employees to feel included in big decisions and committed to the direction our company takes. This has helped to sustain motivation and increased company loyalty and pride.

7. Motivate Individuals Rather Than the Team
Aligned incentives are the only true way to ensure everyone on a team is working toward a common goal. Framing the strategy in multiple ways ensures each stakeholder has a clear, personal understanding of how working together benefits himself and the team. This technique allows you to motivate the team to accomplish amazing things.

8. Learn What Makes Each Employee Tick
Ask what they do and don't like working on, share the big picture company goals, and respond to their questions. Discern their goals and then invest in their professional growth. During one-on-one check-ins, listen to their ideas, because they're the best at what they do. Respect their personal schedules and non-work time, and don't ever pit their goals/timelines against each other.

9. Reward Based on Feedback
We developed Valuebot-an app for Slack that calculates how many times each employee was praised-in order to send daily and monthly summaries. Whoever garners the most kudos wins various awards and recognition. Valuebot has helped us to visualize our culture and reiterate how much we support one another. The positive energy we create in the office helps us to attract and retain talent.

10. Prioritize Work-Life Balance
We have a few fun incentives, like an in-office "phone booth" style machine that lets you grab dollar bills. It's a fun little motivator that the sales team uses on a smaller scale. Otherwise, it's also important to encourage employees to take vacation time. A culture that prioritizes work-life balance, yields increased productivity and overall happiness in the workplace.

The best way to motivate a worker is to give the worker an award in honour of excellence for what so ever thing he has done or what so ever achievement he has contributed to the environment

Every employee should feel that they are valued as an individual. No one likes being a faceless pawn in a big game. Thus, you need to make sure that your entire workforce is given the opportunity to express themselves. You need to encourage your employees to showcase aspirational personal goals. When employees anticipate a future reward, it makes the work routine easier for them.

Appreciating his little effort will be the only best way to motivate employee. Don't try to scold him that will weaken and discourage him.
What about in a situation where they did something wrong or you simply want to correct an impression, would you turn a blind eye to this? Or how do you think such a case should be handled.

As a business owner you must know a way to motivate your employee in order to contribute to the growth of the business. A good entrepreneur have a knowledge about human management and knows how to bring out the best in them.

These are the ways of motivating employees
  • Make your business a pleasant place to be.
  • Be a respectful, honest and supportive manager.
  • Offer employee rewards.
  • Give them room to grow.
  • Share positive feedback.
  • Be transparent.
  • Offer flexible scheduling.
  • Offer food in the workplace.

What about in a situation where they did something wrong or you simply want to correct an impression, would you turn a blind eye to this? Or how do you think such a case should be handled.
No I won't turn blind eyes. Just know how to talk tenderly but scolding won't be a great idea. Let me ask, if you mistakely made a a mistake how to do you want to be treated. Do you want to scold or to be treated tenderly?

Employees are very important in any organization and so they must be treated in a special way because the role they play is very demanding and also they deserve to be appreciated from time to time

No I won't turn blind eyes. Just know how to talk tenderly but scolding won't be a great idea. Let me ask, if you mistakely made a a mistake how to do you want to be treated. Do you want to scold or to be treated tenderly?
My choice would be to be treated tenderly, no one actually wants a scolding. But you would agree with me that there are some persons who what they need is actually an iron fist right?

Employee motivation is always a very good move. It ensures that they provide the best job for your company. There, you need to set up strategies on how to motivate them. It could be through giving of bonuses, rewards for good job done or annual parties to appreciate them.

There are various ways one can motivate their employees and not all have to do with money. By simply appreciating them and taking notes of their little efforts would go a long way. Giving out gifts as well during festive period is a wonder way as well.
I agree with you, it doesn't always have to be money. But then, money is the greatest motivator. There are times they would get tired of praises.

I agree with you, it doesn't always have to be money. But then, money is the greatest motivator. There are times they would get tired of praises.
Thats true though, which would you prefer getting a bonus for your hard work from time to time or would you prefer having a race?

My choice would be to be treated tenderly, no one actually wants a scolding. But you would agree with me that there are some persons who what they need is actually an iron fist right?
Yes I will surely agree. As the matter of fact everything you say I will agree simple because worst than this is even happening. That'sand very possible.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds