Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Members with 0 post count?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
What do you do with them?
I personally will delete them from time to time. They are quite a good show off for your forum statistics if you have good amount of posts. But still those are unwanted entries on your database.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would leave them up until the point that keeping them on the database would cause some problems, then I would just delete them all. I don't delete people within a moments notice so I'd send an email etc before finally deleting them.

What I hate more than members with 0 count is members who sign up, log on pretty much everyday without ever doing anything (And yes, there are one or two on this site unfortunately). It annoys me because you wonder what are they actually doing or is there something so bad with the site

All forum accounts on my website sync with my game server, so if members suddenly vanish, they'd lose their permissions. Basically, it doesn't end well.

--Sent from Tapatalk

I would have an auto removing modification installed, I did on my old forums, which will prune members with 0 post counts after a month or two... :)

I have been known to keep members with 0 posts as it isn't really causing too much trouble statistics wise but it maybe something I will consider in the future. ;)

I keep them. They honestly don't do anything, but they also could come back at one point. If I deleted 200 0 post count members, one of them is bound to eventually come back and get mad that they were deleted. You could always explain it to them(why they were deleted), assuming they don't decide to shun you for that action. I just leave them be, and save myself the trouble :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds