Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management Do you prune 0-posts accounts?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.
I have always considered this, but never done it. If I was to prune 0-post count accounts I would also look to make sure they have not been online in more than a year at the very least. I would also ensure I have tried to communicate with them. If you've done both of those things and still feel like you must delete them I suppose go ahead!

I think this also depends on the niche of the forum though! Video game forums - you might not need any posts because maybe you're just wanting a more central place for all gaming news or finding people to add. Even on a niche like Admin Junkies - I can see users not having any posts and still lurking and perhaps using tools and tips to better their community.

I find that a lot of the time you will see members on your forum who have a 0 post count but they will still come on regularly and browse the forum.

I don't mind lurkers as it means they are still enjoying the community and still finding the information they are looking for. I do not prune those accounts even if they do not come back as you never know when they may one day and possibly even become active members down the line.

On my Walking Dead forum I did, but I set it so only those who hadn't logged in/posted for x amount of years to be deleted. The forum was also incredibly bad for spammers and bots so I was regularly deleting dozens of accounts a week anyway 😫

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds