Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing the Downtime in Business

Nova

Addicted member
Credits
Before corona people used to be active 24/7 and 365 days a year. And the thing is that now a days you hardly even get the time for the business sales and the marketing. And so handling lack of sales and the people who work under you is a mental burden too. And so handling such downtime is a pain both financially and mentally.

How do business can handle such downtimes in this year and in 2021?

Advertisement Placeholder
Which kind of business is called downtown business? I'm not a scholar of English. I need someone to help me out. I can't respond to what I don't understand.

The best method is to be patient as patience can overcome anything in this life
Determination, perseverance and consistent hope will also help the person

Before corona people used to be active 24/7 and 365 days a year. And the thing is that now a days you hardly even get the time for the business sales and the marketing. And so handling lack of sales and the people who work under you is a mental burden too. And so handling such downtime is a pain both financially and mentally.

Many companies had to sack workers because of similar challenges. This is the effect of covid-19 pandemic on jobs.
You need to see a way to increase sales or reduce workers ,so that you don't end up broke or insane while trying to please you workers .

The worst time for any business owner is when the business is doing badly, it take fortitude, mental strength and dedication to come off it. You have to analyze the problem, go back to your business plan and restrategise in other to get a better result.

It is very difficult for business men these days to manage the down town in business these days because people no longer have that 24hours of their time anymore to do what they please, offline these days (traditional business) is not really making it in this area of pandemic, it is only online business that are making wave this time.

It is not easy to come by. Managing downtime in business is not easy especially if you have a lot of thing on your shoulder.
They said is money but because of the pandemic people have find it to meet over time and customers are no longer available as it use to be. Many businesses and company find it hard to survive the current downtime.

What do you mean there's no time for business and sales? It is one's business after all so why can't somebody make time for it? The downtime that you are talking about, is it the one caused by covid 19? If so, then there's little we can do about it. However, no matter what, we still should be able to cater for our own business.

Which kind of business is called downtown business? I'm not a scholar of English. I need someone to help me out. I can't respond to what I don't understand.
Well it’s not a downtown business. What he meant was downtime in business. Downtime in business means turbulent times when you have to hold your heads tight and try to make the possible every business day

The challenges most businesses are facing as a result of this covid-19 pandemic is a serious challenge that they have never experienced before especially this business this business down time that it's resulting to.

Handling business down time would be very difficult to do, I can only advice business owners to be frugal in these times that we are in since there are virtually little to low revenue coming into the organization.

During the lockdown from March to May of 2020 all businesses were closed except for pharmacies and supermarkets. Even the logistics have been greatly affected because they were permitted on limited periods only. Some of those businesses that were closed did not reopen anymore to escape the payment of rental. It is unfair to be paying rent when you are not using the facility. For the businesses that reopened they are still trying to recover the losses that were inflicted by the lockdown. The situation is still not good for offline businesses until now.

Most of the businesses weren't operating during on the first few months of lockdown. I think those who partially operates reduces the work time and they probably have downsized as well considering that the business won't be able to pay the employees without many customers. It's better to do that instead of totally closing down.

Even before the pandemic, business downtime was a normal part of everyday business. Business downtime occurs when a business close down for a period of time. There are various reasons why this happen, could be for a weekend break or a machine failure.

I think we should make better plans and strategies for downtimes. But it doesn't mean that don't make plans for peak times. My point is when you working smoothly, have different plans but try to be more focused in downtimes. But workers which are trusted should not be thrown out of business, rather they should given more tasks to make it successful and come out of critical situation.

Managing hard time is just part of life challenges so your business isn't exempted from that all you need do is to keep pushing and learning from your mistakes to get the right results and answer to things needed to be done.

Keep the business going even if it is difficult due to the pandemic, and find the right opportunity to expand the business, do not just do it at the wrong time so that your effort is not wasted.

As we can see now that many business has been down due to emerge of covid-19 to world in last year and many people lose their job when the employers were not able to pay salary for staffs. There is nothing a business owner can do when the business is not moving well and the employees are much to pay than to reduce the employees.

If you are running a business online mostly with your website than downtime can be a nightmare for you. Downtime means the times when your website is not accessible to your visitors. This happens due to overload, spamming, failed domains and so on.

Management of business doing down time can be a little bit stressful,but with effectiveness management and operations of business is using professional skills,then the business will survive.
And employee should be down size as well as unnecessary expenses should be put on hold.

Every business has its own tough moments and down times, but one must remain optimistic even in the midst of storms and you don't have to quit. Take an evaluation of everything and find out what you are supposed to do, that you didn't do well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds