Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Management of government institutions vs private institutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abonyo Dickens

Reputable member
Credits
Most of the private institutions has got good management compared to government institutions where most individuals are very corrupt. Job does not depends on the merits once you are in the payroll, so most staffs lazy around. But private institutions people renew contracts on merit. What's your suggestions on that.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with your view absolutely. You tend to find capable and more efficient workers in the private sectors than in the government owned establishments.

The mismanagement also exists in the private institutions but at a minimal rate compared to the Publics which is very rampant. Only a lawless society will watch all this happen, it prevents the growth of any society. The Government needs to put up strict laws and monitor them at same time.

There is no way to compare the management of private institution to that of government . In private institution , the management is very organized because the owner of the business do not want to lose out ,unlike in government where people behave anyhow they like

The key contrasts are that public management comes up short on the benefit rationale that is the primary explanation behind a business to exist. The subsequent significant issue is that there are normally various clashing partners with opposing plans in public management. Likewise, public implementation needs to deal with dissemination of public merchandise that are generally either deceptive or bothersome to charge cash for.

That's the same in our country. Government offices are inefficient because the management seems to cannot force the employees to work hard. The reason is the low salary so the efficiency is always in question but nothing much is done about it. In private corporation a lazy employee can be terminated instantly while in a government office that is seldom done unless the employee is the enemy of the manager.

This disparity In the management style and manner between government organization is occasioned by the fact that people feel relaxed and over comfortable in government jobs so cr they know that they can't be sacked arbitrarily unlike in private businesses whereby they can be sacked at such short notice or on the spot.
My suggestion to balance this off is that government should sit their employees down and give them different set of rules and policies that will punish them with sack or dismissal for dismal performance, by this they will be forced to sit up.

In our country, the management of government institutions is not very good Regardless of what private institutions are here, they are well managed A small example of this is that if the government goes to the hospital or to school, it does not feel like going there again.

Most of the private institutions has got good management compared to government institutions where most individuals are very corrupt. Job does not depends on the merits once you are in the payroll, so most staffs lazy around. But private institutions people renew contracts on merit. What's your suggestions on that.
I will take as a reference the governmental an private institutions of my country since they are the only ones I know. Unfortunately, government institutions lack of organization and budget for they proper operation and maintenance and there is a lot of corruption and I believe that it's not only in my country but in many countries of the world. I'm not saying that this does not happen in private companies, but in my personal opinion there is more organization and supervision in private entities that in public ones

I prefer the private establishment and there form of management, this is because government most times are not good managers of things most especially business. This is because of transition of power and the change of policies on issues.
Government can serve as policy makers and moderator but not management of real business.

When it comes to good management and putting disciplinary measure in place. I think private institution sector outclass the government institutions.

Yes in Mostly government institutions ,staff members are not responsible and they don't not pay attention towards their students. Private institutions have good reputation but the fee of such institutions is very high.

Yeah, the government institution is undoubtedly corrupt compared to the private sector. I will go for the private institution because it's allows renewal of contract on merit

They are both difficult to manage however, the government institutions are prone to wider factors that could influence how they are managed. Private institutions could be better managed since ethics and due process will always be involved .

Government institutions management is really bad in our country . Private institutions are doing great job and they are providing best services.
[automerge]1608132066[/automerge]
Government institutions management is really bad in our country . Private institutions are doing great job and they are providing best services.

Last edited:
I agreed with you. In private institution the owner will be monitoring the employees/workers performance to ensure that they did their work frequently, because owner won't want institution run down. But in government institution employees may not serious as private one, because they know that no matter how they will receive their salary.

in our country the government offices instead of helping us worse deceive us!
I say this because we are a weak and foolish people!

I regret not supporting you, it must be in some countries the situation you are expressing. I work in a government institution (Educational) and the laws apply both there and in private ones.
Promotions are also for merits that include years of service, studies, projects among others. Clear! Sure there is corruption as in other entities, but they also value the effort of the staff.

Government institutions have lakadaisical staffs this is due to the type of management practises in place no concentious effort is made to increase productivity and efficiency. While opposite is the case in private sectors , more priority is placed on productivity, efficiency and quality delivery.

Mismanagement also happens in private university but not as common as government owned university cause the reason for a private is to make profit so if you mismanage it you loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds