Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📢 Ad Revenue Making Money by Allowing Forum Signatures

Focusing on advertising revenue, including PPC (Pay Per Click) and CPM (Cost Per Mille).

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
If you had a forum with a huge amount of traffic, then signatures would get a lot of traffic, assuming the poster posted a lot. Anyway, of course, as noted in the title, why not monetize the ability to make signatures? Do you know any forums doing this? I think DigitalPoint.com does this. I'm not sure.

What should be the price?​

Well, it's a no-brainer that the traffic amount in the forum would determine it. However, though, you want to give good deals sometimes. How might someone go about it? I suppose one way would be by charging less for a longer "forum signature allowance".

It is really difficult to get people interested in advertising through your signatures. I have been able to sell signatures only a couple of times and I managed to get $5- $10 per month.

Well, you would need a huge amount of traffic to the site. I mean, if I knew a place had a huge amount of traffic, it would make it worth it for me to post with some signature I was making money on.

The price for forum signatures would depend on the traffic and the length of the allowance. Charging less for a longer signature allowance could be a way to offer a good deal.

The features we take for granted on small forums could definitely be monetized on a huge forum. Take Twitter for example where "basic" things like editing a post, writing longform, and two factor authorization are Premium features.

I suppose if done right any forum could monetize these things, but it may take a while to takeoff.

A forum that generally wants to grow is not likely to attract people by selling something as basic as the ability to show a signature, and a forum that goes back on that later is a forum I am likely to condemn as getting greedy and part ways with. Tread very carefully in ideas with this, forums are generally not in the bargaining position that meta-media sites like Twitter have.

Build it into paid membership tiers somehow.
I believe this would be the best approach to take if you've got a very active forum. Have members pay to promote their products, business, etc. and not only will you get money from their membership upgrade but it brings in more ad revenue too.

I believe this would be the best approach to take if you've got a very active forum. Have members pay to promote their products, business, etc. and not only will you get money from their membership upgrade but it brings in more ad revenue too.

Yeah, I'm thinking that also. In fact, it's a very good idea. I mean, so many people are wanting ad exposure on biz, web development etc. forums.

The traffic is not nearly as significant as you might think. I have signature space comprising some 125k posts across several forums where I’ve been a member for years - and it’s never been high traffic either for human or SEO traffic. I’ve tried using it but honestly the best thing I did was use that space for anti-spam honeypot links.

Signature space is not prime real estate because it gets drowned in the content and many threads feature the same posters over and over which dull the effectiveness significantly.

The traffic is not nearly as significant as you might think. I have signature space comprising some 125k posts across several forums where I’ve been a member for years - and it’s never been high traffic either for human or SEO traffic. I’ve tried using it but honestly the best thing I did was use that space for anti-spam honeypot links.

Signature space is not prime real estate because it gets drowned in the content and many threads feature the same posters over and over which dull the effectiveness significantly.
Banner ads that are shown occasionally, maybe with a special deal are better, but you could do the same with a signature.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor