Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🎨 Theme Design Making a Dark Site About Business or Lessons

For discussions on theme creation and design tips.

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
This seems to be taboo. However, johnxdrums.com is dark. Also, a popular black hat seo forum is dark, but then again, the subject is.

Edit: Lol you meant design. I think dark themes work better no matter the niche. As for the second half of the thread title, I don't really advise people to make sites that promote black hat seo or any illegal activity but there's always going to be shady people both online and in real life that dark sites will never cease to exist. They typically just move off the surface web and onto the dark web, if they're very shady.

Last edited:
Pretty much most online learning sites or sites that have courses have a light palette to them, very few do dark or even mid colour tones.

The only ones I've ever seen that go for a dark palette are dark web/black hat teaching, and sites about hacking (in the 'breaking things' sense, not the 'hacking something together for fun' sense)

In an age where dark mode browsers are common, it should be possible to normalise this somehow.

Edit: Lol you meant design. I think dark themes work better no matter the niche. As for the second half of the thread title, I don't really advise people to make sites that promote black hat seo or any illegal activity but there's always going to be shady people both online and in real life that dark sites will never cease to exist. They typically just move off the surface web and onto the dark web, if they're very shady.
It's nice to hear people that are more open minded. Anyway, though, I like my design I have now. It's grown on me, but my original wish is always dark.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest