Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🖼️ Graphics Logo and Branding

Discussions related to graphics for web design, like icons and images.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
How crucial of a role do you think having a good logo and branding plays? Does it impact the design and user experience of the community?

The logo and branding means the community has a noticeable logo and brand that reflects the community's identity and purpose. It's like running a business, when you've seen a logo and know that the place before even going into the establishment it has automatically built trust. Couldn't it be the same way with a logo/branding for a community? When people share this logo and branding, it will create a loop of trust within that community.

Have you put much consideration into your logo and/or your branding?

A strong visual identity is crucial to a successful community. It takes thought, strategy and planning. Consistency in style across platforms, social media accounts, advertising is all essential. Your users (Clients? Customers?) need to be able to see your brand and recognise it instantly. They need to know what it stands for.

A well designed, simple, yet unique logo makes your community easily recognisable. Users should see your logo and immediately associate it with your brand.

IMG_3156.png

Having a consistent brand gives an air of authenticity to your community. It fosters trust and credibility. It shows you’re serious about being successful which will assist future members in deciding to invest their time on your creation.

A unique logo and branding makes you stand out against the competition. How many sites have you been to which are indistinguishable? How do you tell them apart?

Having a solid brand presence is key to people forming an emotional connection. That’s something which is critical to success; especially for a community. You need to engender a sense of belonging. Being easily recognised and identified is essential to this.

This brand should persist across all accounts associated with your community. As an example; with Eat Sleep Game Repeat all of our social media accounts carry the same branding. Our Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, & Instagram accounts are all branded the same. This branding continues across Twitch, Threads and Steam; even to the point where “esgamerepeat” is the username for all. The rationale being that if a user sees one social media account they will immediately recognise and identify with another.

Personally I feel that having consistency in branding and identity is an incredibly easy way to establish a professional community presence.

Last edited:
The good thing about a logo is that it can change slightly and still be considered your brand. You can have various versions of that logo for different platforms. When I create my videos, I found that adding the .net to the end of the logo made sense. It kept to our brand, but also made it very clear that we weren't a .com site and it also made it easier for my future clients to find me. This visual addition was a complete necessity and something I would encourage all sites to attempt to do if they post on social media with a graphic or do videos. Don't just have the URL written out, try to incorporate your logo with your domain ending.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor