Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Lazy Manager

I am of the opinion that if a business manager is lazy then the whole staff Will be lazy as well z because the management have a greater impact on the turn out of the business, if the business will experience rapid growth, then the management must be coordinated.
Or did you think a lazy Manager cannot affect the organization???
A lazy manager would have a negative impact on businesses and employees. A leader is supposed to lead as example. He must lead while other employees follow. A lazy manager will attract lazy employees.

Advertisement Placeholder
A good Manager knows her position.offcourse Lazy manager kill the business. Lazy manager don't know buniess planning managing and ups and downs.Due to lazy manager falling the original prices.

Things are not always linear when it comes to people. Some there may be lazy manager in the company but the way handles the work makes them sit tight. I have experienced something like this in the past. I worked with a manager who happened to be a lazy manager, but he make sure that every workers in the company work hard to achieve set of goals.

There is an African saying that says: when a drop of oil touches a finger it will definitely spread to all other fingers, the same thing applies here if the manager is lazy, no doubt all other staff will be lazy too cos they will learn from him I tell and if care is not taking it will definitely affect the business.

When the manager is lazy that doesn't mean that the business is neglected. I have seen smart managers who can afford to be lazy at work simply because they have a better method to do the work quickly. When the spreadsheet was new, I was using it for the project in my job and it made work much easier so I have more slack time.

A lazy manager will affect the organisation negatively because, once your employees see that you are not taking the business seriously and you are lazy about it, it will also make them not to be serious with the business, but a hard-working and strict manager will make the employees even work harder.

You are right you have your point and I'm with you in this because A lazy boss delegates their responsibilities to their subordinates instead of pitching in themselves. This can lead to low morale from overworked and under-appreciated employees. Before you know it, the entire department's productivity plummets and employees start fleeing.

I am of the opinion that if a business manager is lazy then the whole staff Will be lazy as well z because the management have a greater impact on the turn out of the business, if the business will experience rapid growth, then the management must be coordinated.
Once a manager is seen to be lazy, there is already a problem in the company as all employees will copy him out rightly and he will have no excuse against them. the best thing to do is to serve any lazy manager a query in order not to affect the other members of staff negatively.

A good manager knows her options when it comes to a lazy employee and is prepared to exercise the option that is in the best interest of the company. Get together with the human resources department and discuss your lazy employee to find out what company policies would apply. Document the employee's acts of insubordination in accordance with company guidelines to be used if termination is necessary.

The obvious sign of a bad manager is the one who makes the leap and every time there is a problem, even the slightest one. If your employees are reluctant to bring trouble to you, because they are afraid that you will handle it, there is a good chance that you are doing something wrong.

Well, for the sake of managers, there are two definitions of lazy. Yes, if s/he is lazy (doing nothing), the staff will follow suit and it will not be good. But alternatively, managers can be lazy(take time to react), which is a management strategy that works well for top management. They shouldn't appear to be doing a lot.

A lazy manager is the beggining of ruin to the entire company or business venture, if a manager is lazy, he or she will not have time to caution and check the workers on their duty post , and when that happens, the workers too will be running away from work thereby affecting the entire company sales.

Of course, a lazy manager won't be able to get anything done. You need a manager that is constantly in contact with you and other employees, as well, they need to be trained in everything you know.

If you suspect your manager is lazy, light a fire under him/her and let them know that they need to start performing better, otherwise they will be out of a job.

If the business manager is lazy that means the staffs and other employees will in turn be lazy as well. That is a setback to the company, business firm. Manager need to set example and not being lazy at all, in oder to move the company higher.

Yes a lazy manager can affect an organization but doesn't necessarily mean all the staff will become lazy. A manager certainly has a positive or negative effect on staff because he or she is their leader but if the staff are not naturally lazy you'll find out that they will complain about the attitude of the manager.

For me I don't tolerate laziness because it is not good at all. I feel a lazy manager would crumble a business in a short period of time which is very bad in many ways. I believe one has to be careful in his or her choice of manager.

Yes a good manager knows her options when it comes to a lazy employee and is prepared to exercise the option that is in the best interest of the company. Get together with the human resources department and discuss your lazy employee to find out what company policies would apply. Document the employee's acts of insubordination in accordance with company guidelines to be used if termination is necessary.

Management does have effect on its workers and staff at large but I want to say that it depends on the type of organization and the objective of the firm. If the firm is one that has target for produce workers would still be on their toes to meet deadline despite lazy managers.

A lazy boss delegates their responsibilities to their subordinates instead of pitching in themselves. This can lead to low morale from overworked and under-appreciated employees. Before you know it, the entire department’s productivity plummets and employees start fleeing.

I cannot imagine a manager in any businesses or companies becoming lazy. If a person is lazy, how come he is chosen as a manager. You get a job of a manager only when you are very efficient and skilled.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds