Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Knowing what are the potentials that a company can give you

When I was still unemployed, I always seek for the company's background that I was applying to get into. I am the type of person who always seek for improvement , soo I always think of what are the potentials a certain company could give to me. I always guide my thought with the help of these following questions:

1. Does the company advertise from within?

2. Where have other employees gone to this position in the past?

3. In the next three to five years, where is the company expecting them to be?

These questions helped me a lot in knowing my company's goal in the near future, I hope this will help you as well. Can you please share your thoughts about this?
I think we always want to improve and, as much as can be obtained, improve alongside the company we are in. No company is perfect, and we got to learn as much as we can from any institution we are in. I think knowing your goals and knowing that the company you are in has the same goals is a great pointer to be in it.

Advertisement Placeholder
One shouldn't just work in a company just because they are going to earn income. You should be able to acquire skills and look at the potentials in which your company can give you as you said, look at the position you are working in, try and find out maybe who worked there before you, where are they now and what can this position guarantee you in the future.

The description of your thread reflects my understanding of what you expect in the future from your venture and in turn your future as an employee. In the business you must keep an eye on the direction of your company so that it goes in the right way, and concerning you as an employee, always give your best to move up in the job.

When I was still unemployed, I always seek for the company's background that I was applying to get into. I am the type of person who always seek for improvement , soo I always think of what are the potentials a certain company could give to me. I always guide my thought with the help of these following questions:

These questions helped me a lot in knowing my company's goal in the near future, I hope this will help you as well. Can you please share your thoughts about this?
There are a lot of things to expect from a company. I love this thread because it addresses an uncommon issue, many employees do not think of where the expect a company they are working for to be in the next few years. in fact, I will expect an employee to ask the boss where they see the company in some years time.

I think this are very good points here that you have laid down about the things you do look out for in a company. It is important that you always check if the company has growth potential, cares about you and operates within legal means and respects the law of she land.

Most of the times the job seekers usually make a wrong assumptions on the company they are eyeing. Some companies may appear very small outwardly but the kind of financial flow they have is amazing, so rating them by their look will be a big error.

I really agree with the second point. If you are looking to get to a certain limit in your career, you must make an investigation on how employees in the company have been treated over the years

It really good to know things and understand them as well because it will really help one to improve in something very important, so is good to ask questions so to know.

It's actually not only what a company can get out of the employees because its the employees that push the company to greater heights but also what benefits does the company give the employees asides from financial salaries. Your points are valid.

Yeah with this it can helped go a long way in shaping the thought of others in the society to has focus or really ask them self question about what can the company really impact on them. for a person like me I only have concerned about how the company pays.

Before you get to anywhere you must start from somewhere, in other words you have to ensure that which ever company you find yourself make sure you learn a thing or two from there such as consistency how they operate to meet their target regardless of any form of crisis , productivity chain, how employees are being treated, how the company is been managed as a whole.
A company can give you different potentials as you work in different companies you tend to gain more knowledge from different aspect and also build your mental and physical body.

When you are desperate for a job, I don't think you will go on researching about the company. When you don't have a job, you will only concentrate on getting the job. However, if you already have a job and you are looking for better opportunities, you will be doing a lot of background check about the companies that you are likely to join in the future.
Yes quit true.it would take a diligent person to begin to go through all that in a company.As the quest to get the job will overwhealmed you in the first instance and most baground checks will not be done by the applicant.

Knowing what potentials a company can give you is important as an employee. Because even if you are working for someone or company, you are also seeking to improve and develop yourself. And working in a place where your potentials are further developed is vital for your growth because we all want to improve in life. So when looking for a company work and presented with more than one choice it imperative to select based on potential.
it is better for you as a worker to know the potential which a particular company can give to you before engaging and working with them it is not only income and salary that you benefit from companies you can also benefit knowledge skills and potentials when working under a particular company.

Have you been able to secure a job using this method now? Because there are so many job seeker out there who might just need tips like this if it works.

I like the fact you have an eye for improvement down the line , as an individual it's always worthwhile to know what you want and not just be driven by making financial gains because at the end of the day it isn't the only important factor

this one depends on what company you are dealing with, some companies keep making sure to improve their workers level to boost their performance

Fresh graduates and other first job seekers are advised to always endeavor to work in a company related to their profession. This will provide them with adequate knowledge about what their profession entails and how to make use of their theoretical knowledge on the field. During that time, you’ll be able to find yourself and reach your maximum potential.
As it is with every one who has gone through a formal traning or aquire an informal one,it might not be the case for you to easily find most times a job that is in line with your profession.But your training will make you to fit in into any organisation and you can learn and grow from there.But you need to have a target and achievable goals for youeself,you should do that research yourself inorder not to waste your time in that organisation.

Concerning knowing what are the potentials that a company can give us as an employee. Well, the highlighted questions before going seeking for the job offer are very important questions that one should make findings and review of before applying. It is essential to keep learning

I like the fact that you are always seeking improvement and looking ahead to the future, some people are still in the same position in a company for over 5 years, contented with the way things are, that is a bad mentality.
Sadly there are people like that and that shouldn't be so because as individuals we should always be seeking for improvement in all ramifications of life

Before taking up a job or applying for a job it is very important to know what that job or company has to offer and if it suits what you arw after.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds