Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Keeping a rabbit as a pet

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
I have only ever had a rabbit once as a pet and that was when I was younger and we were offered a rabbit by someone who didn't have the time to take care of it anymore.

We called her Lola and she was feisty, we later found out that female rabbits are the more angry and vicious ones.

Have you ever had a rabbit as a pet?

Advertisement Placeholder
Nope, I have never ever had a rabbit as a pet. They look all cute and all but I don't think I would keep them as pet because I love dogs and cats most as pet animals.

I have never had a pet rabbit as I have had Guinea Pigs.
I do want a rabbit one day.

Yep... bought the kids some one year for Easter.
Turns out they were a male and a female. Let them live in the back yard. Some neighbors had gotten some for their children also and once they got big and no longer little and cuddly they gave them to us. We had equipped the back yard with ground hutches for them. They started doing what rabbits do and we ended up with about 25 in the back yard digging burrows and breeding more. For a while our doxies suppressed their native urges... but we started finding rabbits dead in the back yard with their necks broken. Seems that the doxies nature came to the forefront at some point and eventually we had to re-locate the rabbits to a breeder we found.

I never had a pet rabbit, my cousins did when we were kids. Rabbits are difficult pets to take care of, you need to have plenty of room for them to roam since keeping them in small cages isn't ideal. You'll also need to rabbit proof your house because they're notorious for chewing up cables. And never under any circumstances do you give a rabbit a bath, bum baths are fine but do not submerge a rabbit in water since they can die from hypothermia, plus the water can get in their ears and nose causing them to get infections.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds