Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is Multi-CDN Possible

Timgab

Website
techtime.com.ng
Credits
Content Delivery Network (popularly known as CDN) services is very assisting in site design and management as it improves the performance of a site.

CDNs enhance site performance by distributing your images, videos, javascript and CSS files across multiple servers worldwide.

The question goes in aspect of Multi-CDN, i.e using different CDN services from diverse platforms for one site, is this favorable for site performance? Do you do you do Multi-CDN?.

I haven't done Multi-CDN, but I learnt Multi-CDN can be very useful if configuration is properly done.

Last edited:
The question to ask is what you could *possibly* be doing to verify you’re at the scale where it would actually matter.

If you’re a FAANG company, I get it. This approach has possible advantages. But if you’re anything less, that scale is neither affordable nor appropriate for almost every class of problem.

It may not be for performance, but just for redundancy. If the CDN you rely on has a network outage you can fall-back to a secondary.

Sure, you can do that - DNS certainly makes it possible with multiple A records per domain - but then you’re in the situation where you now can’t predict which CDN your users are served from, and all of the caching and version headaches you get with rolling out changes are now multiplied.

And that assumes you have more than one origin server in the first place for redundancy.

Which means you’re talking multi-AZ (at minimum) or multi-provider (at worst) hosting with all the joy of keeping things in sync between them.

If your business need *really* is this scale, I hope you’re prepared to pay 6 figures per month in managing it because that’s what it actually costs for actual redundancy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest