Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it wrong for your boss to be your friend?

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?

Advertisement Placeholder
The last thing you want is to look like the office suck-up, so if you are hitting it off with the head honcho, be very careful that your new pal isn’t giving you preferential treatment.

“If you’re perceived to have favouritism with that boss, you lose your respect and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues, because they feel that you’ve got one foot up on them,”

There is nothing wrong if your boss becomes your friend. The most important thing is how you handle the relationship between you and your boss, I had worked with a boss that was very friendly to his employees that doesn't takes away is disciplinary actions against anybody that violate the rules and regulations of the company, you just have to stay set the records straight between you and your boss. You know when to play I when to work.

If I am the owner of any business organisation I can never be a friend I'm in a romantic scene with any of my staff member because that will be one of the greatest mistake I will make because it and give them an opportunity to explore me unnecessarily and I will not do it

Lol, it's very good and lucky thing that your boss is your friend, but its not bad at all, because in business anyone can be your friend , family member, relative etc. So it does not matter anyways. In business it is common that your friend can be your boss also

It is not wrong for your kids to be you friend. In fact, if there's a cordial relationship between a boss and his employee, it makes them work together as a unit or team. This increases production and sales. Which is want every business or company is after.

You can be friends with your boss and it can either turn out positive or negative depending on the notion of the friendship, its just important to maintain a moderate friendship and be clear on your frienship levels to avoid reading wrong signals.

Research shows that employees with friends at work are happier, healthier, and more engaged in their jobs. At the same time, while they perform better, they also have more conflict and more emotional strain in their professional relationships. And when the friendships go awry, productivity worsens.

Even in the closest of relationships, you will need to set boundaries. These boundaries define the depth of closeness within the relationship — and can be key in preventing the pitfalls of workplace friendship while maintaining the integrity of its value. Healthy boundaries between a boss and an employee are different than those between close personal friends.

As for me I see nothing wrong with it making your boss your friend because when your boss is your friend then you don't have any problems and understanding will happen and moreover business going to move forward and also the employees will also able to advice the boss so that they will work together

No it is not wrong. In fact you can work very easy and friendly environment. I think it is very lucky thing your boss is your friend.in buniess it is common that your boss is your friend.it is not a big deal.

No there's nothing Wrong in that. I see no problem in been friends with your boss it will bolster the employer Employee relation and create more synergy between them, although, you still have to draw a line so it doesn't turn to disrespect.

As the business owner, I don’t have to become friends with someone I might have to fire. Not because it’s a thing I derive joy in sacking an employee but because my position demands making tough decisions. I wouldn’t want some feelings cross my line of duty especially when making business related decisions.

What are your views?
truth be told, most of the male bosses who are into the habit of making friends with their female employees do that with some kind of ulterior motive behind their mind. It is not ideal and healthy for a company whose manager or owner is dating or having any romantic affairs with her staff members.

In some companies and businesses people think the interaction between employees and boss will make less interest in business for employees and also they will take the work easy so people think it is not good to have boss and worker friends. But if you are doing work on merit then it is not bad.

Respect and trust, the foundations of friendship, are abundantly present in healthy boss-employee relationships. These qualities can be very beneficial for boss, employee, and the workplace in general. So yes, you can be friends with your boss. Even in the closest of relationships, you will need to set boundaries.

What are your views?
Too much affinity brings about disrespect in workplace especially between the boss and the worker. When you are too close to your workers, they tend to give you less regard because they will see you as their pal. Sometimes they might even question your authority due to the closeness you guys have. In order to avoid this it is very important to create car between you and your workers, though you might have a favourite among them.

What are your views?
I don't see anything wrong in being your boss's friend since that will enhance the cordial relationship meant for the running of the business. In a case of boss to apprentice, the person learning a skill must submit to his friend even as that does not disturb their friendship.

What are your views?
No its not bad to have be a friend of your boss, or ab boss could also be a friend of his employees. It makes a very positive impact on the development of the company when people look such a good relationship of a boss with his employees. But there should be limits of frankness, rules must be obeyed by the employer.

No. It's ok for your boss to be your friend. As long as you have the mental capacity to separate business from pleasure and you don't take advantage of your friendship with your boss. Work and the friendship won't be a bad idea

It is not complusory for you to be friends with your boss, rather you should be thoroughly professional with your boss and try not to cross your boundary. If it possible, block to your boss from viewing your WhatsApp status. That way you'll ensure that things are strictly professional. But it's not such a bad thing if your boss is your friend.

If I am the proprietor of any business association I can never be a companion I'm in a sentimental scene with any of my staff part since that will be one of the best slip-up I will make since it and offer them a chance to investigate me superfluously and I won't do it

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds