Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it possible to spot an incompetent Manager early?

If you are delicate on the forum, then it is possible to get more than that. I have not started earning yet but I am very delicate now because my friend has made some cool cash from this forum.
[automerge]1634314399[/automerge]
If you have a good sense of judging character then you can. All thought it can be very difficult because some people at great pretenders. The best way is to look at his/her pass records.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
If you subject a person to a thorough interview session then it is possible to spot some area of weakness and incompetence in them. There are some people that you will have to wait longer first.

Sometimes people tend to reveal themselves as time goes on while sometimes they just show their true self at first encounter. Either way as time goes on you'll know

Even though I have not been a manager before, but I do know that there are some signs to look out for to spot an incompetent manager. I think one of them is during interview after applying for the job. It is very possible to spot it at this point. That is just my opinion.

Not really possible to spot them earlier. You have to take your time to do the checks and balances. Otherwise you will hardly spot them

I think you can easily spot an incompetent manager if you analyze his/her job performance. Sometimes it is possible to not hire a person who can become incompetent later on by checking his past work experience.

I think you can easily spot an incompetent manager if you analyze his/her job performance. Sometimes it is possible to not hire a person who can become incompetent later on by checking his past work experience.
That is so true. An incompetent manager can be spotted by giving them time to work while you keep checking their progress. And checking their past work experience and reputation truly prevents you from hiring an incompetent one.

It's very easy to spot an incompetent manager easily, there are certain duties of a manger who are necessary and compulsory. The way such manger runs and handles the business or company will totally state of he is competent or not

As a business owner is very easy discover an incompetent manager in your business, and never to rely on them so quickly because you to watch he first.

Yes you can. If you failed to spot a sign of incompetency during the interview stage, then you will definitely spot it during routine supervision or checks on the performance of the business.

Yeah it's very easy to spot an incompetent manager ,when you see the business declining financially and many other aspect ,then you could see how incompetent the manager is on the business set up

Some are good faking a good manager but the level of productivity has been one of the most effective ways to detect an incompetent manager.
They are a lot of signs and red flags that characterize incompetence from poor leadership to inert social skills or lack of foresight and initiatives or terrible work ethics that leads to dismal performances.
As a business owner you obviously have standards which you hold your employees to.
Agreed with you. Some people are good at faking abilities. But one thing is certain the incompetence will be to manifest over time and real self would start to show in attitude, skills and like you said the level of productivity is the effective ways to notice an incompetence manager.

Why are such simple self-report assessments able to predict incompetent leadership? Because they can reliably measure arrogance and overconfidence.despite the availability of tools in some organization , very few organizations are using them. The problem then, it seems, is not that we lack the means to spot incompetence, but that we more often choose to be seduced by it. This means we have only ourselves to blame for our self-destructive leadership choices. Perhaps it is time to stop paying lip service to humility and integrity, until we practice what we preach and pick leaders on the basis of these trait
[automerge]1636819834[/automerge]
Why are such simple self-report assessments able to predict incompetent leadership? Because they can reliably measure arrogance and overconfidence.despite the availability of tools in some organization , very few organizations are using them. The problem then, it seems, is not that we lack the means to spot incompetence, but that we more often choose to be seduced by it. This means we have only ourselves to blame for our self-destructive leadership choices. Perhaps it is time to stop paying lip service to humility and integrity, until we practice what we preach and pick leaders on the basis of these trait

Yes I think it's possible. Right from the day of interview, you will know if he or she has the capability. But some do work hard at the early stage then later showcase their limitations

Well it is actually possible to do that and it all depends on how you monitor then to actually know about how they work and their attitude to work and that is it

It's definitely possible and very plausible to spot an incompetent manager early. They are a lot of signs and red flags that characterize incompetence from poor leadership to inert social skills or lack of foresight and initiatives or terrible work ethics that leads to dismal performances.
As a business owner you obviously have standards which you hold your employees to.

It is possible if you do not allow emotions to becloud your sense of judgement, and this is when you can manage the business and monitor activities of those at the top.

It is very possible to spot an incompetent manager from the start. An incompetent manager would be better discovered after spending some time in the company. The paper qualifications are deceptive at times.

Yes you con spot an incompetent manager, all you need to do is to pay good attention to your business and you will be able to find out if your manager is good enough for your business

Sometimes it will mostly depend on what they are doing, There are different ways incompetent manager can be spotted in a business organisation. One of the best way is when they are not able to performed and arrange the business to operate smoothly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds