Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it possible to spot an incompetent Manager early?

Incompetent managers can be identified in various ways or perspective in an organisation even for the first time during his physical interview, he can be identified when he is unable to meet up to all necessary requirements.

Advertisement Placeholder
On a normal perspective you can be able to know somebody who is incompetent very quick if you are actually going to interview them thoroughly or at least give them a task to complete before hiring them. It is still not bad for you to give them a little more time to prove their competency.

There are many ways in which you can spot an incompetent workers but i bet you can't spot most of them during interview bevause they always pretend like a hard working employee.

Yes it's very easy and necessary to do that at the appropriate time when it's still early. there are alot of managers who can pretend to be good or competent in their duty but when discovered, do away with them immediately.

Yes it's very easy and necessary to do that at the appropriate time when it's still early. there are alot of managers who can pretend to be good or competent in their duty but when discovered, do away with them immediately.
There are some managers that are easily caught on at first but there are some that are good at pretending and you won't even notice anything not until they started working.

Well, you are right about their pretence but ti some extent, no matter how pretending the manager is, he can be caught by the entrepreneur unless when the entrepreneur is careless about his business.

It will take a lot of Time to spot an incompetent manager, most especially of he is been covered by his subordinate. Getting to know that your manager isn't competent, you decision in this regard should be very harsh.

In my own opinion its not quite possible to spot an incompetent manager at the very first moment until the manager has been working for a period of time before you can spot them.

It is very possible to spot an Incompetent manager at the early stage because the end result will not be very palatable. So, it will be very nice to spot that very early in the business.

Its not easy to spot an incompetent manager very easily because hes not the one working , hes the manager and hes living on the glory of the work done by the workers.

If you can be able to make your interview process to be more practical , then that is going to make it much more easier for you to be able to detect if somebody is competent or is not.

There are some things about an incompetent manager that you can be able to detect on time if you know exactly have to be able to do it. Putting in a very good interview process is one of them.

This is why it is important that you should always offer a probation. Before you are going to give somebody the job full-time. This is going to allow them to learn as well as you to observe if they are competent or not.

Incompetent leaders can be identified by their negative impact "on their subordinates, followers, or organizations." Arrogant or proud overconfidence is a central feature of incompetent managers.

Of course it is possible to spot and incompetent manager, All you need is to be close to the business everyday every time. Monitor the business from time to time and you will know if the manager is a competent one or a non competent manager, that is a simple way.
I absolutely agree with you that observing the manager is also another very important way of trying to know if they are competent or not. This is even going to reveal to you how much they relate with the other employees.

You cannot spot an incompetent manager early but as times goes on , you can spot them through their mistakes and non challent attitude towards work and their mismanagement.
I absolutely agree with you that observing the manager is also another very important way of trying to know if they are competent or not. This is even going to reveal to you how much they relate with the other employees.

An intelligent business owners will always know when the managers is not leading positively in the progress of the business. This may not be immediately but there will always be an observable change after some period of time.

I

Definitely!... It's very easy to spot an incompetent manager early because they start showing signs of incompetence early enough, these signs include; toxicity; refusing to take responsibility for mistakes made, they rather blame it on subordinates also lack of communication skills and can't pass vital information about the job. They find it difficult to motivate subordinates especially when need be. The list goes on....
[automerge]1613317410[/automerge]

I

Definitely!... It's very easy to spot an incompetent manager early because they start showing signs of incompetence early enough, these signs include; toxicity; refusing take responsibility for mistakes made, they rather blame it on subordinates also the lack communication skills and can pass vital information about the job. They find it difficult to motivate subordinates especially when need be. The list goes on....
I am an advocate of multiple layers of interview so that you can be able to check if somebody is competent enough for you to give him the job or not and not just rush into doing it.

There are some people who are very good in hiding their incompetence and that is why I advise that you should have a probation period of at least three months.

There are some people who are very good in hiding their incompetence and that is why I advise that you should have a probation period of at least three months.
So many incompetent manager will always hide their identity most especially at the early stage of their employment as managers , but as the business continues , you will come to find out that they are not able to manage and direct the smooth management process of a business

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds