Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?

To start a small business on your own will give you full control and income in business but a partnership may give you a chance for expansion. In a single ownership business, there is no need for you to wait for others' decisions but having a business partner may give you the other possibilities that may happen in your business. Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?
I will usually like it if I own a business all to myself so I will have the full control over it. But in a situation where I have a business idea and not enough capital to execute it I will opt for a business partner but with an agreement that will go separate ways at some point, dividing the income equally.

Advertisement Placeholder
Establishing a business with partners and engaging in business as a private individual does not really matters to me. what matters is that if you are engaging in a business with people then you have to select your partners wisely. That is what will determine the longevity of your business .

Well at this erra that trust is something that is hard to get or find, I will prefer one to go and start small business on his own and just try to get a mentorship from experts than partner with someone.

The business that I prefer is to be done alone .I do not like to involve myself in a partnership business except if the partner has the same goal as I do. This is what will make the business grow

When you have the necessary skills knowledge and funds, it's more better to start a business on your own, it's better to make decisions alone and more faster but you bear the loss alone and the profit alone as well

Actually starting any small business on your own or with a partner, depends on either your financial strength or the knowledge you have about the business. personally I will prefer alone.

When starting a small business that doesn't need a huge amount of money for a start , i think starting alone is the best thing to do , but if you don't have enough money to fund the business, Then you can start with a friend .

Since you called it a small business, I'd say you should start it on your own except you're still too short of funds and capital to go it all alone then you can talk of starting it up with a business partner. But if it where a business with huge involvement in capital expenditure, maybe you should go with a partner on it.
Before starting up a business,one should have a picture of what he wants to acheive and the size he wants the venture to take.Getting partner in a small business might not be neccessary,except he want to grow it to a bigger firm in no distance time.

This is going to allow you to be very disciplined and also make you to take the right plans and not a risk too much money.but if you will need more hands on the job then you can start it with a partner.

The both options are viable except you're not considering starting something profitable. Once the options are weighed and the prospect for profits is clear, it doesn't matter if it's single or part ownership for me.

To start a small business on your own will give you full control and income in business but a partnership may give you a chance for expansion. In a single ownership business, there is no need for you to wait for others' decisions but having a business partner may give you the other possibilities that may happen in your business. Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?
If you trust someone who is your friend or a family member you can start your business with them but if you don't know someone it would be better to do it by yourself.

Well for me Small business as I usually understand is something that can easily be manage , so it's not really something that you have to partner with people except you have the intention to grow the business later in the future or even ever

I often believe that if you are beginning a business for the first time, you should do so with a partner.
This will enable you to exercise extreme discipline, as well as force you to make wise choices and avoid taking unnecessary financial risks.

Starting a business sometimes really depends. if you have the knowledge and all the required capital, u could engaged in it more but Is better to go into your business alone than engaging a partner.but if u have low capital u could partnership without others

If you can find a trustworthy person who is interested in the business as well as has knowledge and skill, the partnership will be the best business model. That's because this person will not only invest money and work for the business but also bear the losses. If you want to start very small, sole ownership can be better.

The real problem is actually being able to find someone who is going to be committed and dedicated both financially, personally, physically and emotionally into the business that you are doing because that will be a very big asset to the business growth but unfortunately it's always very difficult for you to find this kind of partner in a business today.

The real problem is actually being able to find someone who is going to be committed and dedicated both financially, personally, physically and emotionally into the business that you are doing because that will be a very big asset to the business growth but unfortunately it's always very difficult for you to find this kind of partner in a business today.

In order to find such kind of partner, you must look for a person who is equally passionate about the business as you are. This is very important because if one partner is less interested in a business, then this may shake the balance.

If you believe that you have the right knowledge and condition together with the right phones to start a business then I think you might just want to start it on your own or else you should look for a partner.
Fair point. If you think you have the right skills set to start up a business on your own, then by all means, do so. But if not, partnership would allow the business to thrive.

Last edited:

In case if you are facing such kind of problem, then you can find a partner who is willing to conduct the business. This is something people should try to understand when it comes to starting any kind of business. They should deal with people who are willing to contribute.

It depends on the capital you want to start with both are good but depends on the idea of the business you are bringing to the table partnership business allow your business to expand quickly unlikely self own business but all in the end with dedication both business will grow to what we want

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds